Oct 29, 2007

A dress up minute

Dress up Day- my little pumpkin doing her dance class stretches.
So my husband has a love for dress up clothes, so we started collecting costumes when we got married. Two years ago I was at walmart in Bonney Lake after Halloween and they were trying to get rid of all the left over costumes. I picked out quite a few, but by the time I left they had lowered the price so much that I had to keep going back for more. They went from 75% off to 95% off during the 25 minutes I was there. I pretty much cleaned them out!

Elvis is in the building! The wig is a little bit of a stretch, but it is the closest thing I had. This Elvis costume is one of my favorite finds- garage sale for 10 cents!
We had fun dressing up in many different costumes. Until we have somewhere for the costumes to go, we only pull them out around Halloween. It seems like costumes were getting destroyed fast when we had them out all year long. Ellie still can't decide what she wants to be, it is either a pirate boy, or a princess. I better get on that because tomorrow is the Halloween parade.

3 comments:

Eric and Camille said...

That is a great idea to collect costumes after they go on sale! I will definitely be heading to Target after Halloween this year!

Suz, Nathan & Kye said...

I love this song! I think I need to purchase it on itunes. Why can't you guys live around the corner? Every time I look at your blog, I get the Southwest impulse (danger). Kye would love it up there! Time for a little flight? I think so...

Sarah said...

Mimi, your kids are so cute!! I love all the costumes, and the pumpkin carving. What are you and John going to be this year? I can't wait for the pictures of all of you guys in costume! :)