Oct 30, 2007

The "No No, We'll pay you" Lemonade Stand

We finally had a sunny day to set up this lemonade stand. Jensen and Ruby have been talking about it for some time now. Last week Jensen said, "mom, can we go get some customers?" He didn't quite understand the role of a customer, but he knew we needed them. They were very professional in their business persuits; waving to every car that drove by,not getting frustrated when people didn't stop. In fact, after someone zoomed past the adorable lemonade stand ( I don't see how that is possible) Ruby said, "Oh, he didn't need any LEMONLAIDE." My kids have always called it that, and I don't have the heart to correct them, Ruby joined in the fun.
Luckily my friend lives right next to a junior high, and when school got out we had heards of kids coming our way. I approached them down the sidewalk, slipped them handfuls of pennies, and asked them to buy some lemonade from our little darlings. It was a huge success- the kids went home with a cash register that wouldn't even close because it was too full!!

The kids were at a Halloween party right before the lemonade stand- so they were all dressed up in their costumes. Ruby the princess was the money collector, while my kiddo's mostly drank down the product. I am excited for the next sunny day- it was darling.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, Mimi, that is SO cute!! I love that you gave the kids money to buy your kids' lemonade :) That is so much fun :)