Nov 14, 2007

Salt Dough Ornaments


We were fresh out of activities for the day so I decided to whip up some salt dough that the kids could make ornaments out of for the Christmas tree. The kids always have fun with "pirate boy" and "knees" (The kids in the picture). Both nicknames created by Ellie. My personal favorite creation is the moose. Now we just need some paint and voila! The only draw back to making ornaments so early is that Jensen has been inquiring about the Christmas tree NON STOP! It is funny but I totally remember making these, I can almost taste the salty disappointment.


If you are wondering what the shape above Ellie's name is... It's a Mermaid. Jensen was really proud of that mermaid.

4 comments:

Erica said...

so cute! Growing up we would make these every year and paint them...it's fun to look at them now and see how they changed as we changed....

Sarah said...

Ummm - so this is the kind of thing you just whip up when you're out of ideas? I am so impressed! And such a cute thing to do with your kids! You are such a great mom, Mimi!!

piercefam said...

I love the mermaid. You are such a crafty lady!

100 Days of Love said...

I totally made these too. We looked forward to making ornaments every year.

Nathan