Dec 17, 2007

Closet Sleeper

The other night daddy came home late and went in to give Ellie a kiss. He came back in our room and asked, "where's my Eddie?" My heart literally jumped out of my chest!! When I was putting her to bed she kept talking about getting on the roof. She showed me a scrape on her foot and told me it was from the roof. Flashes of her climbing out on the roof were racing through my brain as I ran into her room. As crazy as this sounds, Jensen climbed out of his window twice this summer- that's another post ;-) When her room was empty, I of course checked the closet first, and there she was, sound asleep. Good thing she chose the storage side of her closet with bags of clothes to sleep on. It's so fun to have these little people in our lives doing cute things like falling asleep in their closets.

9 comments:

Jayna & Family said...

oh my gosh- that is so funny and cute! I love silly toddlers and their ideas!

Anne and Dillon said...

I don't often get the chance to read your blog but I'm glad I did today. What a funny story! And I love the tractor tires of Jensen. So cute. You do such a great job with your blog.

Anne

Suz, Nathan & Kye said...

Scary! I probabyly wouldn't have checked the closet first. That would have been rational, and ever since I became a mom, I am totally irrational. What? Roof? I'm outta here! Great story.

The Eggett Clan said...

That is too funny, That would have freaked me out. Where in the world does she get the idea of climbing on the roof?

piercefam said...

That is so funny! I had Pollyana on my mind for sure! Ellie is gutsy enough to climb out the window, too. Thank goodness it was just the closet!

Coatney, Party of Four said...

Aaahhh, that would scare me to death! That's funny that she chose the closet, it doesn't look that cozy. Silly Elvis

Sarah said...

Aaaa! I would've been so panicked, thank goodness she was in the closet, and she looks so cute all snuggled up in there, what a funny girl! And you guys should SO go to Canada! It is so pretty - I bet you guys are just under BC and there are some seriously fun and beautiful places up there. My family is in Alberta and if you wanted to venture over I'm sure they would love to have you guys ;) And Merry Christmas to you and your sweet little family!!

Once upon a time... said...

That is HILARIOUS! How on earth did you think to check the closet first? Your kids are so adorable and funny. I still think of Jensen telling me my baby was hurting his "sleeping ears" when she screamed. Where do they get this stuff?

Jim Hutchings said...

Why you gotta lie? You know you put her in there for "Timeout" and she just fell alseep. Cute little Moster.