Dec 26, 2007

I looked out the window....

and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the apricot tree. We made some huge batches of popcorn balls. John and Jensen were chasing each other around the house fighting over this gigantic popcorn ball. Daddy insisted that he get the biggest.
After popping the corn, making the sticky, it was time to form the balls. Ellie of course bursts into song singing "I can take an armful (BIG BITE) and make a treat, a popcorn ball that would smell so sweet, BIG BITE) it wasn't really so, but it seemed to me... (COUGH, CHOKE)...OK you know the rest. She consumed a lot of popcorn that night.
In the end, Jensen got the big one! Notice the gloves on his hands. He cracks me up because he is such a creature of doing things exactaly the way he sees it done. We made popcorn balls awhile back, and I decided to wear gloves. Now, it is mandatory to wear gloves! We took baskets of popcorn balls to some families in our ward. Jensen dropped the basket on the doorstep, rang the doorbell, and ran back to the truck really fast. I have to admit- he is a natural. It's never too early to train your kids how to door bell ditch!!

5 comments:

Coatney, Party of Four said...

Your popcorn balls really scare me

The Eggett Clan said...

Wow, those are quite the popcorn balls. Talk about lucky kids, I bet they were in heaven.

piercefam said...

I know there are a lot of families in the ward, but I would have thought we would make the list!

Suz, Nathan & Kye said...

yea! That looks like so much fun! Suddenly I am craving carmel popcorn! Thanks for my present! I love it!

Jim Hutchings said...

Ok the black and white photo of Ellie and Jens in the background of the photo with John - I'm trying to do that goofy... Send me a photo CD PLEASE!!!