Feb 18, 2008

Creamies... Where are you???

These are my absolute FAVORITE ice cream bars! I never believed when I moved out of Utah that they wouldn't be available. I really really want one! When I first moved here I found some at Walmart, but they have since stopped carrying them. While home for Thanksgiving I was walking through Costco with my sister and saw a gigantic box of these in the freezer section. I immediately started scheming how to get a box back to Washington. I am desparate people!! Can you tell I'm pregnant?? So today I got on the website which leads you to a map you can click on your state. The information hasn't been uptdated because it said Walmart... WRONG! I live smack between two Walmarts five minutes away... NO CREAMIES! I decided to give them a call, the man was super nice and told me where I can go twenty minutes away to get some! VICTORY! I am however going to make it my personal quest to get my local Costco to carry them... why does Utah get all the great Costco stuff??

Sadly, I have yet to find any Fanta Red Cream Soda!! This soda is heavenly. For years, this was my soda of choice, then out of nowhere they discontinued it!! My sister, or a roommate or someone used to say that they would marry the first guy to bring them violet roses... was that you Suz? Anyway, I remember telling people I dated at Ricks I would marry the first boy to bring me Fanta. There were some wise guys who showed up with Barq's... Not funny! Well, sadly I never did get my fanta despite my husbands efforts. Yes, I have called Coca-cola... no luck. I think at this point I am going to have to track down someone who has some in food storage (not likely). Maybe someday Coca-cola will decide to bust out the best soda recipe known to man and re-distribute. A girl can dream right? I can still taste the deliciousness! Am I crazy or does anyone else have food/drink they are forced to live without?

9 comments:

Jayna & Family said...

I so hear you on this one! When I went to UT this past weekend, we drove around for an hour trying to locate a Fazoli's because it's disgusting goodness sounded SO good...I've been craving it forever I guess because we don't have them here. I love creamies too- the banana ones and the cherry-chocolate ones are my faves!

Chad & Keysha Peck said...

I suppose I do take the Creamies for granted....I don't think I've had one in years. I am going to make it my quest (just for you) to indulge in a Creamy within the next week! And that will probably start a terrible habit.

Suz, Nathan & Kye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suz, Nathan & Kye said...

Sooo...I know where this addiction began! Back in the day when dad took us to school at nights or on the weekend, he would take us to the faculty lounge and buy us a pop. The beginning and the end of all sweetness...fanta. Remember when you could get it in a bottle? Those were the days...
I think they still have it in a fountain? If I find it, will you marry me? Oh wait. I'm already married and your sister forever.

Rebecca said...

You know my undying love for Creamies. One really great reward for the 10 hour drive to the cabin is getting a box of each flavor and having at least one a day! Banana gets my vote too!

Sarah said...

Oh I love Creamies!! They don't have them here either and it is oh so sad, especially in the summer time. We always get a huge costco pack for Christian's parents freezer when we're there. They are so yummy!

Jim Hutchings said...

They discontinued Fanta’s red cream soda because it made lab rats grow a second head. Nasty stuff mimi…. Now if you’re talking about Shasta Black Cherry, that’s good stuff.

The Eggett Clan said...

Can't say I have a love for either of these things. It's crazy what pregnancy does. Good Luck on your quests.

IheartMax said...

Maybe you should just move home... You can buy creamies in gas stations here....year round!