Feb 21, 2008

My Artistic Boy


The last couple posts have been about Ellie so here is one about Jensen. It's interesting how different your own children can be. Jensen loves to create... anything! John brought home a volcano kit that Jensen went nuts over. It took a couple days to finish, but Jensen was so proud that he made it. Ellie helped, but she was more on the destruction crew.


Marshmallows and toothpicks make for a great afternoon project. Notice Jensen's concentration on his next structure while Ellie flashes her money face (see post below). He is big into projects, and lights up when he gets to try something new. After about the third day making "towers" my pregnant belly was making it difficult to bend over to pick up all the fallen toothpicks.

Jensen loves to draw, and here is one of his latest pictures of a pirate ship. John was constructing a boat for me to use in sharing time on Sunday. Jensen announced, "dad I'll draw you a picture so you will know how to make the boat." Jensen's ship is much more fancy than the boat produced by his father. He colors in the lines, and is obsessed with writing words. I feel like I am spelling words all day long for him to write. When he gets to a letter he knows both capital and lower case, he asks me, "mom, do you want me to write a capital or a lowercase?" Every time he asks... my new response is... "you decide." Jens is such a sweet, tender hearted kiddo... I am grateful to be his mommy.

10 comments:

Jim Hutchings said...

Proud of that kid. Last time I was there he would draw three lines one way and then three lines the other way (crossing) and call it a Pirate Ship. He's come a long way!

Pb said...

VOLCANOS-you gotta love em. Way to go John.

Coatney Family said...

He's so cute, and such a smart boy. He was also building volcanos out of playdough here. He was very excited and about every three minutes he would shout, "Jaime buddy! Come see what I made!" He was so proud and so darling. I love your kids.

Sarah said...

How cute are you guys to have a volcano making kit, and toothpicks and marshmallow structures for your kids? That's so fun. And Jensen's drawing is awesome. Your kids are so cute! And I totally love Ellie's money face, what a cutie.

Suz, Nathan & Kye said...

Encourage that behavior! I loved building and making stuff when I was little. It's all about keeping the imagination alive.

The Eggett Clan said...

What a good Mom you are!!!

Jensen looks like a sweet little boy.

Rachel said...

Good times! Your kids are awesome.

Rebecca said...

Love Jens. You da mama, meem. Love all the fun you initiate for your little ones. Miss you! Get back tomorrow, k?

Chad & Keysha Peck said...

You can be mom-of-the-year with all those projects! How fun your kids are into 'creating.' (Mine are into creating too---lots of messes!) But that's okay, that's what makes life interesting???!

I love the name Jensen. (Perfect!) And you're right about Ellie's money face--she is absolutely gorgeous!

IheartMax said...

I remeber hammering a nail into a spare chunck of a 2X4, tying a string to it and it was a boat! Lost a lot of those in the ditch I'm sure. They are so smart. I can't believe how big they are getting. Okay, I have to stop looking at your blog. It just makes me tear up!