Feb 26, 2008

Weekend in Colorado

I spent the weekend in Colorado with my two sisters. Danielle, aka "Boonie" is going to school out there, and is almost finished. Raegan, Abby, and I decided to fly in to see her before her big day. She is engaged... well not technically... but will be soon to a great guy. He picked us up from the airport and told us his grandiose plan to propose, and showed us the ring to boot! If I weren't sworn to secrecy I would let you on the plan. After they are officially engaged I will post a pic of the ring... it is beautiful!! He is so good to her, and his goodness definitely crossed over to the both of us! We drove down to Denver to try on her wedding dress. It was so fun to see her so happy and excited about her dress. Yes, she already has her dress because they have been making wedding plans for some time now... she doesn't have the ring yet because of his super fancy plan to propose.The beautiful bride to be... Carl you better not be reading this post!!!
What trip to CO would be complete without a trip to Celestial Seasonings. We toured the plant, and learned about how "Mormon tea" is made!! The most interesting part of the tour was the mint room. They store all of their mint separate from the other herbs, which makes for an extremely intense minty experience. Seconds after entering the room my eyes started to water due to the menthol overload.
We hit the Spa for massages, I have never been to such a lavish spa...so wonderful! The receptionist handed robes to my sisters, then handed one to me and said, "and the big one for you." Of course I was grateful for the extra coverage, but I was thinking to myself... am I really that big? I know I am a great deal larger than I was six months ago- Whoo hoo for rapid weight gain! Then we were off to get pedicures, my foot is the one with the creep you out vein. We had a complete day of pampering and ended the night eating out at a restaurant in Bolder. The food was delicious!!
The future Patrick family, Carl, Boo, Forest, and Gump. Boonie is in love with her dogs! They are super cute dogs... forest and I got some cuddle time in. Gummpy or Brown dog as Boonie calls him gave me the cold shoulder. It was such a great little break! I am glad I got to see my little niece Abby crawling around.. she wins the award for cutest niece EVER! Boonie was an extraordinary host... she even packed me little snacks for the baby. I told them I was coming back next weekend because they took such good care of me!! Carl, even though you are not reading this... Boonie you can tell him... thanks so much for your generosity!! Welcome to the fam!

8 comments:

IheartMax said...

I must be totally out of the loop.... I didn't know you went to see Boo. No wonder Rae didn't call. I'm glad I wasn't invited though. Shopping for wedding dresses would have put me over the edge into full on self-pity.

Carrie Hellewell said...

Looks like so much fun! Weekends without kids are so relaxing. Glad you had a good time!

Rebecca said...

I want to visit them! I love the first comment. What a great picture of the three of you with your darling matching dimples. I want to see your toes!

Rachel said...

What fun! I am so glad you could go before you had the baby. Why didn't I think of escaping for a weekend before I had mine???

Coatney Family said...

Dude. I don't know why but it was totally wierd to see your toes painted. Have you ever painted them before (besides that one time we went together)

Erin said...

What a fun weekend! It is always a treat to get away for a few days, and enjoy sistas! Boonie and her man look so happy! When and where are they planning to get married?

anniewalkfam said...

Sounds like a fun trip. In like a year or more when neither of us has nursing babies we need to take a girls trip! Maybe this time we can make it to "so you think you can dance." miss you.

The Eggett Clan said...

What a fun little get away. I can't believe Boone is old enough to be getting married. Too Crazy!!! All these little kids growing up!!!