Mar 7, 2008

Bishop

Sunday was a big day! John and I rolled into church a couple minutes late, surprise surprise, and when we sat down he said, "the bishopric is getting released." After surveying the chapel I knew he was right because there were many members of the stake in attendance. I immediately told him who I thought was going to be called. As we sat through the opening hymn we went back and forth trying to predict who was going to be in the bishopric before the song was over. Turns out I was right... John should have known... after all I am always right ;-) I've been known to predict a general authority or two. I don't know if it is my resistance to change or what, but I have always had a difficult time when bishops are released. The only ward I have ever been in that didn't change bishops was at Ricks. We had a great bishop and he did such a great job, he even did a dance to napoleon dynamite for a talent show- now that is a rad bishop! Our new bishop is very dear to my heart, and will be a great bishop as well. His family was the first family that made me feel welcome in my "I just want to go home" stage of living here. His wife is an angel, and his kids are amazing. I took personal responsibility for his oldest daughter and the classes she took at BYUI. She is now serving a mission, and I can't wait for her to get home!

If any of you who read my blog are not LDS and are curious about bishops, and callings... check this out. You can also go here to view a new website. Or.... last option click here for the main LDS website. Woo hoo... there you have it- reading galore!

Thank you Bishop for all you did for our ward! You will be missed!

6 comments:

Carrie Hellewell said...

We just got a new bishop too! Just a few weeks ago. And I feel totally the same. You get attached to one but the new one is already growing on me.

Erin said...

Our bishopric is getting released on Sunday and I feel the same way! We all have our bets as to who the new one will be! It's kind of exciting, but sad at the same time because we really love our bishop.

Pb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pb said...

There are always a number of people that the bishop makes note of that he would call if he had to move the saints back to Missouri in short notice. John and Mimi are on the list, er, were on the list.

Rebecca said...

We are so out of the loop with our chickenpox! I'm glad you keep us informed, because Bishop D was on the phone right away with ward stuff for invitation Sunday, and we would have been confused if you didn't let us know!

Sarah said...

Just be glad that John wasn't one of the newly called bishopric members! ;)