Mar 13, 2008

Darling Daddy

Ok, so I couldn't resist blogging about this. Mostly for myself... but also to let my man know that I do notice the cute stuff he does. This past Sunday, I was strapped for a primary teacher... of course John volunteered. He is supposed to be in Elders Quorum, but knows how I have been finding subs forever. During sharing time, he had messengers (girls in the class) bring me little notes. This is one of the notes. I was sitting in the back of the room, and was hoping he wouldn't draw too much attention to his charade. After delivering the note, they would watch excitedly to see my reaction. I felt a little silly because they were supposed to be paying attention. Despite my natural instinct to shoot him down (what I normally would have done to mess with him), I checked "yes". After all, the young girls were waiting for my answer and I wouldn't want them to think I was heartless. John is always doing cute things like this, and it did make primary a tad more exciting.

This picture was taken yesterday. My friend and I were making hair bows for our daughters (I have been craving some gigantic bows for Ellie's hair). We were working away when John got home from the movie with her husband. I tried to convince him to sit down and make bows with us (something he would have done happily). Side note.. John is actually really crafty and has spent more time at the sewing machine than myself. He is forced to do his own mending because his clothes will sit in a pile forever waiting for me. Anyway, he claimed he didn't want to make my friend look bad, so he better not participate. Instead I asked him to cut up some Kiwis for me. This was what he presented to me... all arranged with tooth picks to eat it. He totally cracks me up! I guess we can add fruit designer to his talents. Lately we have been consuming a lot of fruit and veggies right before bed- he'll have to keep the fancy snacks coming now that I know what he's capable of ;-)

10 comments:

jayna said...

John's a good guy- you've got a keeper for sure!

I heart Max! said...

I figured it out! I'm logged on forever! This is so sweet. I want my own John....wait that doesn't sound right.

Rebecca said...

I did witness the fruit display. We were just crafting away, expecting some yummy, peeled kiwis...a tall order to begin with, when John presented us with this amazing platter of assorted fruits! So nice!

Nathan said...

John You're amazing.
That is nothing compared to Valentines day up at ricks. You should give Nathan a call and give him some tips!

The Eggett Clan said...

That is too sweet!!! What a good hubby you have. That fruit looks scrumptious

Sarah said...

What a cute husband you have :) I'm definitely impressed by the fruit platter and the note passing in primary is so John! You guys are too cute.

Chad & Keysha Peck said...

How cute is the little note passing charade! I'm also very impressed that he knows how to use a sewing machine....Even I am not talented in that area! Have fun making bows...post them when you're done so we can all see your craftiness!

Carrie Hellewell said...

I'm not surprised that John likes being crafty. I've seen some of his projects in my day. Quite impressive. So like John to write a love note. Crafty husbands are the best!

Pb said...

The note is a treasure. I love this stuff. It keeps me young. I will wait a little while and then spring it on Diane. Thanks,

anniewalkfam said...

you guys are so cute. i think my jd has some competition!