Mar 10, 2008

First and Last

Our last parent child class was a little sad. We had so much fun doing this class together! It was our own little time to be together. I didn't realize "graduating" from our parent child dance class would be so sad. Three year olds shouldn't be too old for anything in my book!

Here she is in her new dance class. She had a blast, and didn't turn back! I was considering putting her in my bitty ballet class, but she would probably want to be next to me the entire time and that wouldn't go over well. Maybe next year.

I can't wait for the recital!! Speaking of recital, does anyone have a good song idea for an 80's workout? For the life of me I can't find a song for my hip- hop class. For the beginning of the dance I need some music that people would of exercised to in the 80's. I have spent forever on I-tunes... please help!!!

11 comments:

Pb said...

"Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) was December 1990.

Walk like an egyptian 1986

Stand REM 1988

She Drives Me Crazy Fine Young Cannibals 1989

Simply Irresistable Palmer 1989

Crystal said...

How about something from Flashdance or Footloose?

Pb said...

Eye of the Tiger, Rocky
Danger Zone, Top Gun

anniewalkfam said...

I want to watch you teach your dance class! i bet you're so cute! It was fun to see you last saturday. let's plan another get together!

Shila said...

Meems, do Wake Me Up Before You Go Go! Wham! They are the best of the 80's

Sarah said...

Oh how I love some good cheesy 80's music! :) So as for aerobic dance songs I was thinking of that one song 'Jump' by Van Halen, the keyboard part totally makes me think of aerobics. Also, Bon Jovi's 'Living on a Prayer' could be fun. Flashdance is always a good option though! :) Good luck Mims!

The Eggett Clan said...

What a pretty little Ballerina.

Aren't these milestones that are kids are making so sad. They just grow up too fast.

Sorry I'm not much help on the
80's music.

Suz, Nathan & Kye said...

Bananarama "Cruel Summer" Bangles "Manic Monday"
Men at Work "Land Downunder"
Wang Chung "One Night in Bankok"
These are the ones I love! Don't forget the headband!!!

I heart Max! said...

its a good thing you can buy leg warmers again! You can do a search on itunes. They are catagorized by genre and era.

Rebecca said...

My mind immediately goes to Flashdance or Footloose too. Then there's Madonna's first album, and Walk Like and Egyptian is really onto something.

Rebecca said...

What about the song they do that dance finale to from Girl Just Want to Have Fun? Can't think of it, but it's a classic.