Mar 3, 2008

Swimming Kids

Finally Jensen and Ellie can be in the same swimming class. I have been waiting for this for a long time. Until she turned three, we took her to a parent child class, now she is all on her own. I was a tad apprehensive to let her go without direct supervision. When she was six months old, she wanted her head under the water, and still does. So far, they are both doing great! Their teacher reminds us after every lesson how Ellie is not afraid of the water at all! This is true, I told her before this session started, that she is quite the swimmer and doesn't think she needs any help. I was laughing because at their last lesson, they had a life guard specifically assigned to watch Ellie. It is rather alarming because she is so tiny and she just goes for it. This weekend, she was doing dead man falls into the pool... where did this girl come from? Luckily, big bro is there to show her the ropes. Jensen is gaining confidence and can swim about fifteen feet by himself.
I fell in love with this swimsuit! What is it about little girl swimsuits that make it so difficult to pass up? Now if I could feel the same way about a swimsuit for me!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

So cute! I totally agree about the swimsuits, I LOVE them for my girls and love the chubby little knees and thighs on Katie - when does that stop being cute? ;) If only I could find a suit for me that I think is so darling too! And I haven't put Anna in swimming lessons yet, now I'm thinking I better sign her up this summer! :) That's awesome that both of your kids are swimming by themselves.

Pb said...

Having had five daughters I couldn't agree more about swimsuits although sleepers with feet in them come in a very close second.

Suz, Nathan & Kye said...

The picture of Ellie in her suit and cap strolling through the rec center is absolutely adorable! I wish your kids lived closer so I could play with them in the water.

Nathan

Anne and Dillon said...

I agree with suz nathan kye. That picture is priceless. Great blog!

Rebecca said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Can't wait to see her in it. Can you email me the pics you took at the Y of Ruby? That's the wrong sentence structure, but I'll live with it.

Boonie said...

Oh, they are so sweet. I love the pic of ellie in her suit so much I saved it as my background.