Apr 6, 2008

FOUND IT!!!



Yes, it's true! Fanta Red Cream Soda does in fact exist. After my last post about it, I decided to contact Coca-Cola one more time. I emailed this time, and I received a quick response that I could find fountain Fanta in the US. Well when I asked where, they responded it was no where close to me (I'm still not convinced it's here). They told me that Canada distributes it. I was so excited because Canada is not that far away. I decided to call a grocery store to make sure before I go driving up there. When I asked the guy at the grocery store if they sold that type of Fanta, he said "yes." What?? I couldn't believe it. I convinced him to go to that aisle and make sure that it actually said "cream soda." I'm sure he thought I was crazy, but the Fanta here is also in a pink can. After finally convincing me that he did sell it, I told him that he totally made my day (again... crazy lady pumped about soda). Anyway, my sister in law went to Canada, and brought back three cases for me!! Bless her heart! I am sure they were cursing my name when they were hauling them back to the boat... sorry guys! Needless to say, we will be making a little excursion to Canada soon. I have a friend from Canada (the sweetest person on the planet) that probably knew all along that they sold Red Cream Soda Fanta there... Sarah... why didn't you tell me girl??? Actually they call it Mousse- and it doesn't say red, so you are off the hook.

It is so delicious!! I am officially satisfied!! Oh wait... nope nope... now my quest is to get a Cafe Rio here. They do not franchise yet, but maybe someday. I guess there will always be something... why did I have to think of that delightful salad? I have tried to make home made ones- they're just not the same.

A huge Thank You to Chris and Beth for bringing back my favorite childhood beverage!!!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mimi? Is that really you? I found your site through Michele Collins site!! Love blogging!! How are you? By the sight of this blog you and your beautiful fam are doing great. Miss you at MOPS. Next year maybe? Keep in touch!!

Steph

Shila said...

Does it really taste the same as you remember? I would be willing to buy one from you for 5 bucks! What do you think? Unless you chugged it all down by now, let's make a deal!

anniewalkfam said...

mmmm..it sounds yummy. maybe i can convince you to share one!

Sarah said...

Yay you found it! You are so funny. I didn't know that they had it in Canada.... but all cream soda there is pink so I should have thought about it ;) How cute that your sister-in-law brought it back for you! I still can't believe that you found it, or that you called Canada and made the guy check for sure that it was the right stuff. You are hilarious! But I am so happy that you found your beloved Fanta, enjoy your soda, Mimi! :)

Sarah said...

PS- are you guys anywhere near Chehalis, WA?

Southern Belle said...

I love red cream fanta too. I have the cafe rio recipes and I made them on Sunday. Here is a link to my menu blog. You can join if you would like, just let me know.

http://readandfeedmenus.blogspot.com/

Carrie Hellewell said...

That's hilarious! I'm glad that you found it. And yes, that was the same trip. And I want you to know that you pronounce it wrong!!! That was a good trip. Who could forget the Vagabond Inn.

eRiCa said...

you crack me up. I made a mental note to myself if I ever need to fiind something...contact Mimi. YAY that you found it...ration those 3 cases...mmm...I love that stuff!

Rebecca said...

A grocery store with an island in it...cool!

Mimi said...

I was so confused. I was thinking.. "Canada is not an island!" Now, I see...I needed an A. That would be fun though.. it would have to be a huge store!