Apr 2, 2008

The Man of my Dreams

I know I just posted about John and his note passing in church, but he keeps surprising me with sweet reminders of why I love him so much! Maybe if I keep giving him mad props through my postings, the cuteness will continue. I came home from a girls night out last weekend, and this was hanging in my garage. What I love about this picture besides the poster, is my ironing board- that hasn't moved in years!! Does anyone else keep their ironing board in the garage... or just me...the non-ironer? John has always been great at leaving me notes, and doing random scavenger hunts for candy bars, but hanging a poster in the garage is a whole new level of John thoughtfulness. This week has been fun because of all the cute stuff he has done. Yesterday, he brought home a bag of goodies for me...what's another bag of twix for my pregnant self? Then tonight, he had the kids ring the doorbell holding daffodils for me. I was happy for the flowers... now I just need to teach my kids that it is OK to pick some flowers, but some need to stay in our backyard. This was a common occurrence last year. Every time he mowed the lawn he sent the kids to the door with flowers. The look on their faces is priceless when they hold out the flowers. They are well trained in the art of pulling out any flower that crops up, and proudly bringing it to me. Come to think of it I think the daffodils bloomed yesterday. I think they mostly like the ringing the doorbell part, I will have to think of something to replace the flowers, so we can enjoy some in our backyard. Or maybe I will just have to plant more because they are so cute when they bring me the flowers!

Funny how a post about how cute my husband is turns into a post about how cute the kids are...he he- Love you JB.

Ok- so what are some cute things your husbands do for you? Or if you are a husband, what are some sweet things you have done for your wifey?

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the post. That's a great poster! How sweet. It's always pretty apparent how much he adores you!

Coatney Family said...

That's adorable! Seriously, John is the best! And of course the kids are darling too.

You know me, the ironing board makes an appearance about every other day. The garage!? What about Sundays? You are one of a kind Meem.

Pb said...

"Love languages" play a big role in our lives. Hers is "visual" so when I want to do a cute thing it involves "doing" the dishes. It makes her heart race. I don't get it. I slip sometimes and play into my "love language". It's then that I'll put on Paul Anka's version of "Diana" and lip synch while doing my imitation of Rico Suave. She either stares catatonically or giggles which breaks the mood completely. Then I'll dust or purge a file, increasing her perception of the "cuteness" factor and the game is back on.

Carrie Hellewell said...

Everyone knows that I likes a good ironed shirt. I'm a little crazy. It's right at my fingertips if I need it.
Johnboy is quite cute. You're a lucky lady. Matt does nice things. He likes to make me laugh and that's the best gift he can give me some days!

Bown Bloggity Blog said...

Ironing are you kidding me? No ironing for me tambien. Polyester is my friend along with a bottle or wrinkle releaser.

thetaylorfamilytimes.com said...

Hey Mimi!
It is SO GREAT to hear from you! Your family is adorable too! And you look gorgeous as always as well! We're in Holladay right now, but will be moving to Heber in July. How about you?

Britt said...

Hi Marie-
I came across your blog from Amber's site. It's always fun to follow the links and see if someone you know turns up on the other end.
Your kids are beautiful. And what a nice husband!

Briawna said...

I have to laugh because at this moment Ronell is ironing his shirt for work. I don't do his ironing because he's way too picky. The only thing I iron are my quilting projects.

Ronell is cleaner than I am and he's been known to clean the whole house while I'm at work. In addition, he'll do dinner for the kids, baths, story time, and have them completely ready for bed. Women in my ward want Ronell to start "Enrichment Night for Dad" for all the husbands to teach them how to cook, clean, and basically survive without the wife. Don't you love great men? It makes it easier to be a wife to these fantastic guys.

Suz, Nathan & Kye said...

Notice how all the Jensen sisters are confessing about where the ironing board is. Mine is behind the washer. It comes out about every 8 months. OK I have a great husband story. Last night, Kye started coughing and woke us up at 2 am. Nathan got up and quieted him so I could sleep. I woke up again at 5:30 and notice that my husband is not in bed and my baby is not in the crib. I finally found them in the guest room sound asleep. I asked Nathan why he didn't come back sooner and he said that he was worried that Kye would wake up again and wake me up too. Now THAT is an act of service!

Rachel said...

My ironing board might as well be out in the garage...I never iron. Love the cute things John does for you. My hubby is always trying to do something he thinks I will appreciate. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in myself I don't notice his service, but most of the time I do and appreciate it very much. The most recent thing he did that truly deserves an award is how he took a week off from work to take care of me when I was sick. AND how awesome he was at taking care of the kids, running them to and fro and not complaining one bit. He is my hero!

Sarah said...

John is so cute! What a sweet note to have in your garage, and so cute of him to be showing your kids how much he loves you. What a good man! :) I hate ironing, if Christian wants a shirt ironed he has to ask really nicely and sometimes even bribe me :) And I probably only iron my own clothes on sundays when needed. I love the smartcare shirts from Nordstrom's so much, they have saved me from my iron :)

Boonie said...

That John-Boy is such a keeper.