Apr 28, 2008

Sister Bond

This picture pretty much explains exactly how Ellie feels about her little sister.
From the moment I wake up in the morning until the time I put her to bed she takes every opportunity she can to be with "babe-uh." Within moments of me sitting down, she is right there inquiring about the baby. "Mom, did she kick you real hard?" Every question she asks me about baby is always followed with a happy little giggle. I could spend half an hour on the couch and she is oblivious to everything going on around her including a fun kid show... she just wants to snuggle the babe. Nothing can keep her attention for that long, and it is so boring- just a big belly! Every time I eat something she asks if I was feeding baby, and if baby liked it. She likes to cover baby up in all of her blankets, and pretend that baby is cold and hot. My favorite thing to witness is her girly little giggle when she is playing with my tummy. There are no actual words just a lot of happy noises and humming. I thought/ was hoping that it would wear off. It is still really sweet, but the insisting on a good morning snuggle every day has it's draw backs. Also, her continual trying to access the belly in public or while at church has lead to a few embarrasing moments. She is truly enamored with this baby, and talks about her non stop. I am looking forward to all the help I will receive from her once the baby comes.

The other day when I was headed out she asked, "You’re going bye bye mommy?” "yes honey" "are you going to take baby?” I just had to laugh because of her sweetness.

Jensen loves the baby too, but not nearly as much as Ellie... she cannot get enough!

This picture was my second assignment in my class... dark backgrounds. Thank goodness for dark paint in my bedroom and a timer.

13 comments:

Nathan said...

Mimi,
Fantastic picture! I love the contrast and the composition. You nailed this one... and it tells a story, which is what a good picture should do.

Steven and Whitney said...

I can't believe what a moment you have captured. You will cherish this picture FOREVER! Cute story about little Ellie.

The Curleys said...

What a darling photo! You are sure learning how to take some awesome photos. Keep up the amazing work!

Briawna said...

I love that picture!

Sheri said...

What a priceless picture. Ellie is so cute with babies - she's going to be such a good little helper with yours!!

DAN & SARA said...

What a beautiful picture! Great job! I'm sure you'll get an A+

By the way, thanks for telling me about your popcorn experience. Made me feel a little better about ours, and it made me laugh out loud! :)

Rebecca said...

Love the post, but no mention of your picture! You did such a great job, I LOVE IT!

As a bystander, I have to say that Ellie is truly enchanted by her soon to be born sis. More than any kiddo her age that I have EVER seen. She is like bonded heart to heart with the little babes. Love that!

Sarah said...

Mimi, that picture is darling!! Oh my goodness, what a sweet moment you've captured. I love it :)

Rachel said...

ohhh, how sweet is this picture. Just wait until baby comes and Ellie will be such a great help. Lauren told me this morning, as we were talking about Miss Mimi and ballet, that Ellie's baby was Katie's friend in Heaven. I don't know where this came from, but I thought it was cute of her to say. Kids amaze me.

Holen Family said...

Very cute picture! Congrats on your pregnancy also. You are a very cute pregnant woman. We are moving to Palm Springs, California in July. I added you to my blog so I can keep in touch.

The Eggett Family said...

That picture is priceless!!! And how cute is Ellie, that is so funny that she is so fascinated with her baby sister. Sounds like she's taking good care of you also.

Kevin & Andrea Ross Family said...

That is socute! Those are the moments we are so grateful to be blessedas mothers...

Shila said...

This is one that needs to be blown up and framed! So gorgeous are you three! You are getting good at this photography thing!