Apr 14, 2008

Visit from Nana & Papa

YAY for spring break!! My kids were so excited for their Nana and Papa to come into town. We had a lot of fun and miss them already!
Ellie was so excited to have her Nana around. How great for a three year old to have someone else besides her mom get her dressed for dance, do her hair, read her stories, and put pretties on her nails...

Jense had a blast with his Papa, and especially loved playing racquetball.

The boys did some car maintenance....
Papa received his fair share of "sweet ones" from Ellie....

I wish I lived closer to my parents. It's so difficult for me to try and explain why Nana and Papa can't come over more often. Ellie was so sad when she woke up and they weren't there. Jensen has been asking if he can pack his "soup case" so we can go to Utah. I really do have the BEST parents on the planet. Thank you mom and dad for all of the fixing, ironing, and cleaning you did for me!! Come back pleeease....

9 comments:

Erin said...

Your parents are so cute! They look the exact same, and I swear you dad (and mom) hasn't aged since we were in Middle School! My mom came for spring break too, and I agree with you 100% it is hard to be so far away! Do you guys have any trips planned to Utah before the baby?

Steven and Whitney said...

Oh, Mimi--your parents are wonderful people! I love "Tacky" the very best! I am truly blessed to live so close to my parents. I see them almost everyday--even if only for five minutes, but I still get to see them. Send my hello's to your parents and come visit them soon!

Rachel said...

I just got a little teared up reading this post. I remember living in Ut and missing my family. I didn't have kids then, so I can't even imagine how much harder it would be not having the grandparents close to my kids. Maybe you can convince them to move up here? We don't want to lose you guys to Ut :)
Have fun with your sis this week!

Sarah said...

So fun that your parents came to visit! I love, love, love having family town but it is so hard when they leave! I hope they can come back and visit soon! :)

Rebecca said...

Love all the pics, especially of Ellie and her Papa. I can't believe I missed meeting them!

Carrie Hellewell said...

It is hard being away from Utah and the fam. I'm with ya. But it also makes me appreciate them more and appreciate those around me that have become my new family.

Kevin & Andrea Ross Family said...

Don't you just love parents? They are the BEST! I have wanted to write your dad a letter for a long time and tell him what a wonderful teacher he was. I loved him so much! He always was waiting at the door with a smile. PLEASE tell him I said hi! And, they both look so good! I need those kinda genes!

Kevin & Andrea Ross Family said...

Don't you just love parents? They are the BEST! I have wanted to write your dad a letter for a long time and tell him what a wonderful teacher he was. I loved him so much! He always was waiting at the door with a smile. PLEASE tell him I said hi! And, they both look so good! I need those kinda genes!

The Eggett Family said...

I love your parents, how fun that they got to come and visit.