May 19, 2008

Large and in Charge


We have two months to go and Mimi’s baby holster is larger than at nine months with our previous two chillins. A couple good quotes I have heard: While in Children’s Hospital last week we passed a lady with no filter or maybe just no mute button who said, “Whoa, she’s definitely dropped, she’s ready to burst!” Various boys at the YMCA: “whoa.” “Whoa man.” “Dude - that lady is really pregnant.” Usually followed by a friend who says, “You can’t say stuff like that.” Daily people ask if she is having twins. While at the doctor today she had them check- and sure enough, she just has a lot of amniotic fluid. The baby is in the 47th percentile (very average. This is good) and weighs 3lbs. 13oz. Poor Mims has also been extremely uncomfortable for the past couple months due to a sharp back pain on the right of her back. We also learned today that the “committee” of doctors has decided that heart transplant is the definite plan to move forward. We will not put Mia on the donor list before birth due to the fact that there are two babies awaiting heart transplants ahead of her. These other two babies are stable so Mia would actually move to the top of the list at birth if she is as critical post delivery. I am glad in a way that we aren’t on the donor list yet. I don’t want a C-section for Mimi and it sure would be nice to hold our sweet baby while she is still brand new with no tubes and stitches and medication. Oddly that is a really big deal to me. Oh and one more thing, a special thanks to Mimi’s sister Boonie. Thanks for the Maternity clothes. They are all really nice. AND her name was already on all the tags!! Does it cost extra to label all the clothes “Mimi Maternity?”

15 comments:

The Eggett Family said...

What a cute little belly. I don't think you look huge Mimi. You look darling as always!!! People can be so cruel and not even know it.

Margie said...

Mimi, your tummy looks great and if that is bigger then your previous at 9 months you must be a tiny pregnant woman!

anniewalkfam said...

You always looks cute! And I think no matter how big pregnant women are people always think we are huge! Cute shirt too. How sweet of your sister. Thanks for the Mia update. Your kiddos are welcome to stay with us while you guys are at the hospital. We are probably only about 30-40 mins away.

Pb said...

You know, John, real men have matching C-Section scars placed in homage to their wives. I like the Avalon clinic. Tell them I sent you (should it be necessary).

How many real men does it take to screw in a light bulb?

None, real men aren't afraid of the dark.

Nathan said...

Yea for no c section. That is no picnic for sure. Of course you look great, Mims. You always do, prego or no. John, you are a natural at this blogging business. I always read it in your voice in my head. It makes us miss you guys even more!

jayna said...

People are CRAZY. Mimi, you know from my recently prego life that some people are just clueless...I swore if I heard one more "Wow! You're ready to POP!" that I really was going to explode, in a not so nice way!! Your belly is perfect AND so cute in that top! I had a pinched nerve in my lower back with Grace at around 33 weeks and it ate my soul...but it does eventually go away. Hang in there!!

Sarah said...

There is something about a pregnant woman that makes people behave so strangely, like reaching for a complete strangers belly, or saying the weirdest things or telling the most awkward stories - what is it that makes people like that I have no idea. But it's so true! And I have to say that walking past the store Mimi maternity has always made me think of you, meems! :) It was totally meant for you. And you could not look more adorable in that top. I only wish I was that tiny at 7 months! You are a ridiculously cute pregnant lady, miss Mimi :)

Shila said...

Love the baby mama belly Meems, and all the comments too! It just means that this baby is here to be seen! Can't wait to meet her!

Erin said...

Your baby bump is ADORABLE, and you DO NOT look huge! You must have been teeny tiny with the other two! How thoughtful of Boonie, and what fun to get cute maternity clothes! You look great!

Brittany Osborn said...

I had those comments too with this last baby. It was funny to me. People are weird with the things they'll say to complete strangers. You don't look that big to me. You are too stinkin' cute pregnant!

Yergensen Family said...

Mimi you are a cute prego lady! Keep up the good work! I got comments like that too...people just forget how a pregnant belly looks! You look super good!

Bown Bloggity Blog said...

Tiny Mia looks sweet and sassy in that pic just like her Mama. Love you guys.

Jer & Stef said...

What fun this blogging is! I heard someone say you (Mimi) had a blog the other day and then I was in our old church building tonight and the memories came flooding back so I sat down and alas I found you! It was so fun looking at your pictures and learning about your beautiful family!

Rachel said...

I know you feel big Mims, but you look great. I wish I had a cure for those back pains...that stinks. I hope you find time to relax and take care of you!!

DAN & SARA said...

Mimi - I haven't read your blog for a while so today I just caught up on everything going on with your sweet little Mia. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sara