May 12, 2008

Twinkle Trophey

Jensen has passed the first level of his piano class and received the esteemed “Twinkle Trophy.” He learned 4 different versions of Twinkle Little Star and can play them with both hands. As often as he practices and as good as he plays, it would seem that he couldn’t possibly be my offspring, then I remember that Mimi is his mother. Thank goodness for moms. I have to comment on how it blows my mind what my kids can do to my emotions. Here I am on the verge of tears at the sight of my boy playing twinkle. I looked over at Mimi and she was beaming from ear to ear. It was her proudest moment so far as a mom. I tell you the love of a parent for his/her child is amazing. I even find myself riveted at his soccer games! Previously you probably couldn’t have paid me 100 bucks to sit through a soccer game no matter who is playing, and now I can’t get enough of it! Jensen is so cute. He LOVES his trophy. Matter of fact, if you come to our house, guaranteed he will show you his collection of medals and trophies.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

No shabby accomplishment! Happy day Jensen! Ruby was so happy for you!! I love hearing you play, you do such a great job!

Shila said...

Great job Jense! We are proud of you! Love, Aunt Shila, Uncle Shane, Alisha and Asher

jayna said...

So sweet John! Love your posts!

The Eggett Family said...

That is so cute and how cool that he got a trophy. His teacher looks super sweet. What a proud moment for you guys.

Rachel said...

I've gotta get my kids in that class...How fun! I am impressed. I don't even think I can play that song.

Suz, Nathan & Kye said...

Way to go Jens! When are they going to pass out the trophies for the drums? He is a world-class drummer if I'f ever seen one!

Sarah said...

He can do that already?! I am hecka impressed. His teacher looks adorable. And I love your posts, John :)

Pb said...

Ah the trophies of childhood. There are so many. Here are a few:

The Twinkle-playing piano
The Binkle-no binkie
The Winkle-a bed without bars
The Tinkle-potty trained
The Wrinkle-awarded to Mom when they get their driver's license