Jun 25, 2008

Dance Festival

I don't think I have ever blogged about the dance festival, but I remembered my camera tonight- Whoo hoo! I know, I know- I have a problem. For all of you I told I would go straight home from the hospital and take it easy... I LIED ;-) No, I did have every intention of staying in bed but I felt great, and this was our last practice before the preview. For the last six months John and I have been teaching the 14-18 year old's in our stake how to Charleston. We started off with the Charleston, which led to the varsity drag which basically is an intro into the Charleston and quite complicated for non dancers. We also taught all of the youth in our stake (12-18 yrs) a couple other dances they will perform at the festival. One of the dances is a Beach Boys dance to "fun fun fun"- it was really fun to choreograph too. The theme for the dance festival is "we're all in this together." You guessed it, from HS musical... you know you watched it! There are, I believe 11 stakes participating which is a TON of youth! They will be performing all different types of dances at the Tacoma Dome in mid July. Yep, right after I'm due. I knew going into this it would be a lot of work and I wouldn't get to be there, but I have loved it. This picture is just of the older kids, and about half are at EFY (especially for youth). Not having everyone there was a challenge four days before the preview, but just the thought of EFY brings happiness to my heart. Hopefully I can get some good pic's at the preview.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Super naughty, Meem. :)

Sheri said...

The kids (and leaders) have been blessed to have your help. I would have abandoned them long ago :-).

anniewalkfam said...

how fun. i'm glad you are feeling good, but you really should take it easy! love you.

babyjane said...

Hey mims...I came across your blog by Erins...This is Amie! I can not believe the beautiful family you have! I have loved reading your blog and I hope all is well with this pregnancy you are having!

TheBastians said...

Hey you guys! Long time, eh! Thanks for posting your blog address on Facebook. We have a blog too. It's such a great, easy, stress-free way to keep in touch! Looks like your little family is doing well! Take care! :)

www.thebastians.blogspot.com