Jun 11, 2008

Dance Recital 2008

My little Cheesy Mouse! Ellie was a mouse this year, I just wanted to eat her up in this costume. I will definitely post a video of her cuteness when I get it. This girl loved being on stage. I was trying not to laugh while I was out there with them because she kept waving frantically at her dad and grandma's.

This is my ballet tap class. They did a dance to "happy little working song" from Enchanted. They danced with pink feather dusters and it was darling to say the least!!

My Hip Hop class was one of my favorites! These girls are hysterical.. we laughed a lot! The dance was an 80's exercise theme with bocu balls. Half way through the song, the music changed into a funky hip hop dance. They did great, I was so proud of them!

My other ballet tap class did a tap dance to "Hairspray". All of the dances were supposed to have a room in the house theme. This one was the bathroom.... hairspray... bathroom... maybe a stretch but the dance was super cute!

I need a medal for this class. I taught 12 three year -old's ballet ALL YEAR LONG! How? I don't know! With a three year old at home, no one should be required to spend an hour every week with 12 of them ;-) I actually really enjoyed this class- they were a lot of work, but very darling. My friend Rachel's daughter was in the class... it's always fun to teach my friends kiddo's.


I don't know where all of my dancers are in this picture, but the class was much bigger. This was my ballet class. All very sweet girls- it will be sad not to see them every week. This was my class that always had news for me! I could be wrong but I think someone lost a tooth every week in this class!!

This day started perfectly and ended perfectly. My mom called me at six in the morning telling me she was at my front door! I was so excited because she was able to see Ellie dance, and all of my classes as well. I knew she was coming up to take care of us, but I didn't know she was coming so soon... it was the best surprise I have had in a long time! THANKS MOM.

After the recital, John gave Ellie some jewelry. It was really sweet to see her excited about her ballerina necklace and bracelet from her daddy. Her above pose says it all! She also made sure everyone knew about her new "pretty necklace." Jensen also gave her some flowers, I think he really enjoyed watching all of the dances. Even though I was dancing on stage with her, I was such a proud momma- she was darling.

I also received a lot of love from all of my little dancers!! Many of my students are really into this pregnancy, so I left the recital with cute baby gifts, and plenty of gift cards. One of the gifts was a hefty gift card to Starbucks... a true sign of the Pacific Northwest culture. I guess it is time to start drinking hot chocolate!

I am sad I won't be seeing these girls everyweek, but it really couldn't have ended at a better time. I will miss it for sure!

13 comments:

Jim Hutchings said...

Really miss that little Mouse...

tyalpabr said...

What an awesome Mom!!

The Eggett Family said...

Those little girls all look SO adorable. I bet you are such a FUN teacher, I'm sure they all just love you. What cute ideas and themes too.

Ellie looks adorable in her little mouse costume.

How long is your Mom staying for?

Brittany Osborn said...

How cute. I'm glad you are teaching dance. You are a beautiful dancer.

Stephanie said...

Mimi, how do you do it. You're amazing!! Not only do you do an awesome job at being a mom and wife, but you teach 58 dance classes AND you're prego!!!! I'M SO IMPRESSED!!! My hat is off to you my dear. Would love to see you and your beautiful kids someday again!! Praying for your family and your precious Mia.

Rachel said...

I didn't know the exercise girls were yours...Loved that dance! You did a great job, especially with Lauren's class. Some of those girls (including mine most days) were tough to teach. Lauren is in love with you and very sad she won't be dancing with you every saturday from now on. We'll have to plan some dance play dates after you are home with little Mia.

The Ross Family said...

How cute are you? I bed that is the funnest job ever, I always wanted to teach dance! You are so beautiful too, I mean who's really that cute when they are pregnant? P.S. I love your little mouse!

Steven and Whitney said...

I'm so jealous you are teaching. All of those girls are so lucky to learn from you. Ellie looks adorable! Hang in there--you look AWESOME!!!

Sarah said...

Mimi, you never cease to amaze me, you are honestly super woman! I can't believe that you taught all of those dance classes and did such an amazing job, while having your own family and being pregnant! You are amazing, girl. And I don't think that Ellie could be a cuter little mouse. She is so cute!!

keysha said...

I bet you are the best dance teacher ever--and I'm sure your girls adore you to death. How fun for you! Your little Ellie is an absolute doll--takes after you I must say. (And how you taught 3-year-olds to dance is beyond me!) You are one busy gal, and I admire you for your constant smile.

Rebecca said...

I know I already said this, but your dances were the stand out entertainment of the entire two hour show. You have such a talent for making the cutest little dances, to the most fun songs with the greatest costumes. Ruby loved being in your class!

Grandma Conway said...

I was there!

Grandma Conway said...

Mimi was kinda vague when she said that she "taught some dance classes at the Y" She graciously go me a recital ticket and I so enjoyed watching all the cuties in their cute costumes. Ellie stole the show. She loved the audience and the audience loved her. I was worried about Mimi, she said she was tired. Her mom and John and I sat close to the front. I was'nt expecting Mimi to be in a dance number, and was amazed to see her dance onstage with all the other young mother dance instructors! They were all dressed in while. Mimi was wearing a white skirt and a snug white top over her 8th month tummy. They all had laundry baskets and leaped, jumped, clicked their heels while once in a while, flapping a white shirt, and folding it. The beautiful music and dance symbolized womanhood, sacrifice, and love. Tears brimmed in my eyes as I watched Mimi leap and jump with her big tummy, thinking of her coming trial, sacrifice and love of her new baby that would soon be there. I looked at him and said, "John..." and said, "I know.." His eyes were filled with tears, too. I don't know if I am explaining this very well, but I'll never forget it.