Jun 17, 2008

Father's Day


I couldn't very well not give up some love on Father's Day! This is our daddy John. He pretty much is the best daddy ever! My kids adore him, and run to the door every day when he gets home from work. They love to be by his side doing everything he is doing, and I mean everything. My favorite daddy quality of John's is that he sings to our kids everynight. I often hear them singing along, and it makes my heart melt! He likes to sing sweet sentimental songs, then he will also make up songs with funny words and wait for their responses. Thanks daddy-o , Happy day to you! This is my daddy "papa." He is the hardest working man I have ever known. He survived six daughters which is a huge indicator of his character. I don't know any other farmer that was blessed will all daughters and never once complained about it ;-) If you live in my home town watch for him out walking. He takes a walk every night, and you will know it is him because he will wave at you. I am truly grateful for this man. Love you dad, thanks for everything!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree, your kids definitely have a wonderful dad! And it takes a special man to raise all daughters, that says a lot about your sweet dad :) We'll see if Christian's up for that or not! ;)

Jim Hutchings said...

Yeah...you're a good Pappa, except you letting my little niece stick her hands in a lawn mower!!!! Yo, you know there's a big ole blade in there right?

Knight Bliss said...

Yep, he waves at me almost every day that I go into town. What a great man, and he sure raised a great daughter. You have such a wonderful family.

Shila said...

It is neat that you have 2 great men to celebrate on Fathers Day. I know you cherish them!

Pb said...

Thanks for the blog. When I need to brighten my day I visit and always come away feeling better; sometimes significantly.