Jun 21, 2008

"I mailed it"




I have noticed Ellie hanging out at the mailbox quite a bit over the last couple of weeks. Monday I saw her over there and noticed her inserting something into the outgoing mail slot. I shouted, "Ellie stop!" and she went ahead and slipped it in. I asked what it was and she said, "I mailed it." I asked, What did you mail?" "I mailed it!" It turns out she really likes mailing things. Maybe "likes" isn't the correct word. It is like a hobby for her. Basically she makes her daily chores mailing any envelope she can get her hands on. Any credit card application we get in the mail is promptly opened, then the enclosed envelope is returned into the "outgoing mail" slot. I have since caught her mailing other things, though not quick enough to actually stop her. So, we still don't know what she actually mails. The only thing we know she mailed for sure that we needed was an envelope full of tickets to Mimi's dance recital. I have this fear of going delinquent on paying some bill due to "I mailed it." I approached the mailman and told him our predicament and to put any odd items into our mailbox. He said he had seen several items with kids scribblings on them, but would pay more attention.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, this girl is too cute! That is so funny.