Jun 6, 2008

Mia's Heart

This is little Mia's heart. Isn't is so sweet? As you can see the left ventricle is very dilated. I should have put little arrows to show you where the aortic and mitral valve should be. You can't see them really, because they didn't form. On Tuesday we received some more sad news. It looks like the right side of her heart is also going down hill. It just isn't contracting enough, and the tissue between chambers is bowing. They are going to see how much worse it is on Tuesday, but my cardiologist is pretty sure I will be delivering ( 5 weeks) early. Mia sure is a fighter, and I feel her moving around all the time. She definitely wants me to know that she is there. With so many echo's and ultrasounds, I have been able to see her little face frequently. As far as I can tell she has really big lips, and tons of hair. She is darling, I love this little girl so much. During my last echo, she punched the probe out really far. The technician and I were both laughing, she said she has never had a baby punch out that much. Maybe baby Mia is getting tired of the constant monitoring :-)

I am overwhelmed with the love and support from everyone in my life! THANK YOU!!
I will let you know what they decide on Tuesday.

13 comments:

Family Scads said...

I will fast and pray for your sweet little baby. I remember Beck's echo's before his transplant and everyone looked worse and worse...I can't tell you how amazing it was to finally see his new heart that was perfect! I loved watching the doctors faces change from constant worry to smiles. Little Mia has such a desire to live. I love that she is spunky! She has so much life in her. Please contact me anytime. Your always in my prayers!
-Kim

jayna said...

I can't wait to see your next beautiful little girl! Good luck with everything! You guys are amazing!

Crystal said...

My family will be having a special fast and prayer for Mia and your family this weekend. Heavenly Father knows what is best and He will make sure everything works out.

Much Love,
~Crystal

Rebecca said...

I hope she isn't born so early, but I know you are in really good hands, and especially that you are in Heavenly Father's hands. Whenever it happens, I look forward to meeting her.

Rebecca said...

P.S. I love that there are two people who commented here who know everything you are going through. What a blessing to add them to your support system.

Erin said...

Mimi what a little fighter you have! I love her little heart and feel that everything is going to work out. I delivered Benson 5 weeks early. It was scary, but everything worked out well and he was just fine. It's amazing the medical technology we have, and how blessed we are to live in these days. I can't wait to meet Mia, and it sounds like she is going to to be a spirited little chica! Take care and know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.
hugs!

Tracy Family said...

Mimi... just wanted to let you know that you guys are in our family's thoughts and prayers all the time!! We love your little family and can't wait to meet beautiful Mia. Anything you need, dinner, babysitting, house cleaning, etc. call Jake or I and let us know!

Pb said...

So does Mia have any favorite (or least favorite) foods yet? Margaret reports to me that Xander took exception to her taste for pickles.

Jim Hutchings said...

Hope you're gettin my messages. If you shoved a probe in my face that many times, I'd punch it too. let the girl rest a few more weeks. I love you guys so much.

The Ross Family said...

Thanks for updating us on how you and Mia are doing. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over you and your family. All will be well. You are in my prayers...

Shila said...

John and Meems, I love having your blog to look to when I am wondering how things are going. It is probably nice to answer everyones questions in one swoop as well. We love you guys and prayers are said in our house for you too. Take it easy, let me know if you need me to come stay with Jense and Ellie or if you all need to get out of the construction for a while. I'm here all day everyday.

DAN & SARA said...

Good luck! My thoughts and prayers are still with you!

Sara

Julie said...

We continue to pray for you and little Mia. I was oh-so-happy to see you tonight! Glad to hear you have one tough cookie baking in your oven! We love you, love you, love you guys! Happy thoughts are coming your way!