Jun 20, 2008

Update

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Ever since we started this remodel it has been all I have had time for besides work. It has been impressive as we have had anywhere from 2 to 8 people in our house every day after work since we began destroying things a few weeks back. We are closer than ever to completing our upgrades. So far, we have painted the kitchen cabinets, installed crown molding, installed 14 can lights, run wiring for new switches and outlets, completed most of the sheetrock, tile bathroom, installed wall hanging TV. Most of the sheetrock is installed. We will be able to finish hardwood install next week, as well as hopefully getting our new doors. I attended a workshop on concrete countertops and am ready to do ours in the kitchen. We have been fortunate in that all labor has been free of charge, and much of the materials have been gifted to us as well including, about 400.00 worth of wire, 9 doors including installation, trim for actual wholesale price, our new kitchen island, & I am forgetting other things, but it is late...The new place is looking so great. A special thanks to those friends and family of ours that have made it their personal mission to see this through. The planning, the daily workparties etc. We have been touched by everyone's willingness to help get our house in shape before the baby comes. On that note, we had a really really encouraging visit to the doctor today. He says that Mia's heart is doing just as well as it has the last couple of weeks and says that Mimi should be able to carry the baby full term without induction. This is great news. For a while there it was looking like it would have to be C-section and pre-term birth. We have continued to feel uplifted by all your prayers and offers of help. For me a little home remodel has been a welcome distraction from reality. We will continue to update as things progress.

5 comments:

Suzie said...

Can I get some pictures of this remodel??? I can't wait to see it!

The Eggett Family said...

Yes, I can't wait to see pictures also. I'm glad to hear the good news about Mia!

Sarah said...

That's such great news about Mia! I am so, so happy. And that's awesome that you guys are so close to being finished all of the renovations! I also can't wait to see pictures :)

Stephanie said...

Ya. What's up with the lack of pics?!? I want to see this awesome place!! Sounds like God is really making things fall into place. John, I've never met you, but I can tell you're a wonderful husband and father. Thanks for keepin the blog updated when Mimi can't. Take care guys!!

anniewalkfam said...

That is great news and yes I want to see pictures too! You guys are constantly in our thoughts.