Jul 29, 2008

Meeting Zoe

I met my first heart transplant recipient last night. She was a darling two year old full of energy, and life. When her mom and I went outside, she started running towards us. I just wanted to scoop her up and squeeze her. I don't know if that would have been socially acceptable, but I just wanted to give her a big hug. After meeting Zoe and her fabulous mom Jenn I am feeling empowered about being a heart mommy. From everyone I have talked to about what to expect this next year the answers have been similar. It is going to be life altering and a lot of work, but with many blessings along the way.

I just wanted to say thank you to Jenn for taking the time to meet with me- Maybe in two years I will be helping someone else the way you have... and will ;-) help me.

4 comments:

The Eggett Family said...

I bet it was so nice to see a healthy little 2 year old running around that had recieved a heart transplant. Hearing other people's stories can be so inspiring and bring so much hope. Mimi, I know that you will bring so much inspiration and hope to other people's lives. You already have! I've seen how much good you've done with your life so far, and how many lives you've influenced and changed for good. I'm sure that Heavenly Father has a plan for you to be several people's inspiration as they go through similar trials that you are going through. He knows what a wonderful heart you have, and needs more people like you who really care about helping other people. You are amazing Meems and I'm not just saying that. Everytime I read your blog, I just feel so much love for you and your family. You make me want to love my family more and be a better Mom and Wife. Thank You!!!

Love ya - Shelley

anniewalkfam said...

I couldn't agree more with that Shelley said! You are amazing and you always do everything with a smile on your face! This has and will be a life altering situation but just remember all the people you have that love and are willing to help you and your family! We can't wait to watch Mia grow!

Stephanie said...

Mimi, I've been off the blogging bandwagon for a while, so I had a lot to catch up on with you and little Mia. I'm so happy for you guys. God is soooooo good!! Hey...now that I think of it...Mia's arrival ensures you another 5 years in MOPS!!! So when everything is said and done, I expect to see your name on the registration again, got it?? I miss your smiling face!! I will continue to pray for you guys and the doctors wisdom in all that is to come. As well as pray for the donor's family. Such a hard situation, but what a gift to give!!! I'm inspired by your strength, my dear. Take care!!

Holen Family said...

I am glad to hear everything is going so well with Mia. I just went through a similar situation with my baby. She contracted a rare bacteria infection and we were in the PICU for one week and on the floor for two. She also had three surgeries. She is now at home and doing great. So, if you need someone to talk to- I would love to chat. My e-mail is sarahjowest@hotmail.com. Your family is in our prayers.