Jul 13, 2008
We are still waiting for the big pow wow to happen so that the doctors and surgeons can meet and decide how to proceed with Mia. What we hear changes a bit from doctor to doctor, but today they were saying that Mia's Left Ventrical is still not beating any stronger. Her Aortic valve is open, but they have a difficult time measuring if it is all the way open due to the fact that in order to measure the flow, they would need a normal amount of pressure pushing the blood, which they don't have due to the non-working Ventrical. This doctor's opinion is that the valve isn't fully open because in his opinion if the flow was there, then the ventrical would begin pushing blood, which it hasn't. We are a little discouraged, but pressing forward. It is still most likely to be a heart transplant, but there will most likely be a procedure or more in order for Mia to be able to stay healthy while waiting for availabilty. The doc said it is usually a couple months of waiting, though it could also be a couple days. Thanks to all for your support. This will be a long haul, but you've seen the pics, we will make it happen the best we can for this sweet little angel. On a good note, she has gained two ounces, to arrive at 7lbs even. All that from an I.V.!!!
Posted crazily by John Boy at 6:18 PM