Jul 26, 2008

What the Other kid's are up to

The kids have always loved cooking, but Ellie has found a heightened passion for the culinary arts since Nana helped her sew a new apron. They are quite amazing with their cooking skills

This hair cut is a small example of what is going on around the house without the red tape of Mimi's veto powers. Jensen loves it and seems to be able to run faster due to the increase in the aerodynamics of his head, which greatly reduces wind drag.

Jensen and Ellie have become very able on the computer lately with a website that teaches reading. I came home from work one day and walked into Ellie's room and was surprised to see her sitting on her bed with the laptop on her lap. I watched as she dragged her finger across the mouse pad and then gave it a little tap to select a letter. Fun to see them learning so much. I remember we had "Oregon trail" that I did in the 4th grade on the apple computers. I loved to hunt for the buffalo.

7 comments:

Heather and Tim said...

We love the photos of all the kids! We had so much fun playing with Jensen and Ellie in Gma C.'s backyard last week! We played some pioneer games-to honor the 24th!

And baby Mia makes my heart melt! Seeing those photos just makes me miss her and I can't wait to see her--and her mom and dad--again! Hang in there guys, she'll be home soon, I just know it!
Lots of love...

The Eggett Family said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they learn! I swear my girls are going to be better than me on the computer before I know it.

Those aprons are darling!

anniewalkfam said...

I love the line about Mimi's veto power! I'll have to get that website address from you. Glad your kiddos are having so much fun.

Sarah said...

Hahaha, I remember the Oregon Trail ;) Anna is totally into the computer, I have to fight her daily for my turn! :) That's amazing that Ellie is so good at it already, too!

Jim Hutchings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim Hutchings said...

Oh I LOVE the haircut. Now he looks more like a "Bay"!!!

And I always died of dysentery on the Oregon Trail. Those kids are gonna be able to post their own blogs soon.

Steven and Whitney said...

It looks like the kids are in great hands. I love Jensen's hair cut and Ellie's apron! Mia is BEAUTIFUL. She looks like she already knows how to smile--smart cookie! I hope you know how much I think about you and your family, Mimi. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish I could come visit you (visitors welcome), but unfortunately distance is a factor. Keep smiling and know that so many people are keeping track of you and your family in their thoughts and prayers.