Aug 22, 2008

Baby Mees



Baby Mia is holding strong. There isn't much of an update other than how cute she is. She spends a lot more time awake lately, and does the cutest things. Mia has a permanent furrowed brow that has created creases above her eye brows. This is most likely due to the fact that she is wondering what is going on. When she sneezes her entire head crashes forward (and she sneezes a lot!) Whip lash wouldn't be very fair on top of everything else she has going on. She also likes to twist her fingers in her hair (obviously not on purpose) but her fingers are always on the move up behind her ear.

She still only weighs 7 1/2 lbs- but is is 23 inches long. The doctors don't really change anything from day to day. They just want to keep her stable and eating (well not eating, but food going into her intestines). Hopefully there will be an update soon that she is getting a transplant!!


10 comments:

jayna said...

What a fantastic set of chubby cheeks she has for only weighing 7.5 lbs.! Very cute!

mbishopp said...

Wow, look at those eyes! Thanks for the update, you're all always on our mind.

Rachel said...

Jensen just looks like he's in heaven holding his sis. So cute. The love Ellie and Jensen have for Mia is the most beautiful thing to witness.

Rebecca said...

LOVE that picture of the three girls together. And the last one with her eyes open. She never looks so much like a McDonald until you see those eyes open...then she's just a perfect little mix of you all.

Erin said...

SOOOO CUTE! I've been checking daily for an update, and was so excited to see pictures of her. She is so cute, and bright eyed. I'm glad she's holding steady, and I pray that she will get her new heart soon.

The Eggett Family said...

She looks bigger than 7 1/2 pounds because of those cute little chubby cheeks. Thank you for the update and the pictures. I'm glad she is stable and holding on strong!!! Keep it up Mia - You are amazing!!!

Brittany Osborn said...

She looks good! Thanks for the update. I check every day in hopes for news and also to see her cute little face. Keep em' coming. ;)

Steven and Whitney said...

If I didn't know better I would think Mia was perfectly healthy--I want to squeeze her cute cheeks! Love the pictures. Looks like you are all hanging in there. I'll keep checking on the heart update.

Yergensen Family said...

Your kids are all so cute!

Kirstin said...

All of your children are absolutely beautiful! I love the stories of Jensen and Ellie. And I love Mia. I have never met your children, but just see these pics of them and have this love for them. I am glad Mia is staying strong and I continuously pray for a heart for her!