Aug 11, 2008

A Brothers Love


The bedroom that will be for Mia upon her return has been undergoing a complete overhaul (thanks to Jo Dee). After the walls were painted it was time to put on the plates that cover outlets and switches. Ellie and Jensen have become very adept with a screwdriver and placed most of them. The last item was the plate for Mia's light switch. I couldn't find it for the life of me and took no notice of Jensen's concern at the time. Later that night I was tucking Jensen into bed and noticed an outlet plate hanging cockeyed on his light switch. It came to me in an instant. He had sacrificed his own plate for sis. He still couldn't find a switch plate, but the odd one would be good enough for himself. I love that he can just change the plates at will. I did notice that the plate in Mia's room was tightened to the extreme as it is all but snapped in half. What a good brother.

8 comments:

anniewalkfam said...

that is so sweet! He will be such a protective big brother!

Brittany Osborn said...

So tender.

Anna Rebekah said...

How sweet is that! After reading your blogs, I'm starting to look up to Jensen.

The Bankston Family said...

That is so awsome! He is so cute.

Jennifer said...

Jensen is probably the sweetest brother in the world. That is a great story to share. I can totally hear that in a sacrament meeting.

The Eggett Family said...

That is one sweet big brother!!! He is so thoughtful and ingenious.

Sheri said...

I love Jensen. What a great big brother and so concerned about little sis.

Crystal said...

I believe this is one of the sweetest things I have ever read.