Aug 5, 2008

Five Wonderful Days

Here are a few pics of our time at home. This post will not have too many details until daddy can get to it.
Getting ready to take Mia home. Ellie is practicing being quiet while she sleeps- we'll see how long that lasts.


Daddy can't wait to bring home his little girl. We were so excited to take her home we left without a pager for when it was time to bring her back for a transplant. They decided to mail it to us instead.We made it home Wednesday around 2:00- the kids were waiting on the front lawn. When we pulled up to the house I was overwhelmed with happiness. Mia was hungry and crying when we arrived, and Ellie stepped on a rock trying to fight her way into the truck. All girls ended up in tears- all for different reasons. Happiness, hunger, and pain.

Let the mauling fest begin. "Can I hold baby?" is the only phrase we would hear out of their mouths for next four days. They were enamored with their sister, and wanted their fair share of holding time.

Ellie, long since bonded with her little sister- needed the most time reuniting with Mia.
Jensen was surprisingly good at holding her by himself.
Mia photo shoot. We gave her a bath and put her in a dress that Ellie wore when she was a newborn.
Holding onto Aunt Boonie's finger... so sweet!
Checking out the ceiling.
Big yawn- she is a big yawner- always needing a little extra oxygen!
Aunt Boonie and Uncle Carl were able to fly in for one day to meet little Mia. I am so glad they were able to be here when she was home- it was a special treat.

Mia was always wide awake and calm when uncle Carl was holding her. I was surprised how alert she was when in his arms. Kisses from Uncle "Ca-woah"

Mia in her bouncy seat- in OUR HOUSE!

Daddy must have thrown out our baby tub because when I went to retrieve it from the kids bathroom it was nowhere in sight. She fit perfectly into the sink for her first home bath.

Just a cute pic of her getting dry.


Nana spent a lot of time holding Mia as well. She was basically held during her time at home. You can see Ellie in the background- she spent most of her time waiting for her turn to roll around again.
Unfortunately, Sunday Mia went into heart failure and we rushed her down to the local ER. From there she was life flighted back to Children's. Today she had a line placed in her chest that will be there until she receives the transplant. It was such a blessing to have her home for the time we did. My heart is broken for my sweet little daughter- I just want to hold her and let her know how much I love her. For now I will be patient while she continues to fight.

18 comments:

Shila said...

OH you guys! I am so sorry about her little heart and that she had to go back to the hospital! I just want to go somewhere and bawl by myself. I love her and haven't even met her yet. I am feeling a little under the weather and in no way want to bring that upon her so I will come as soon as I am up and at um again. We love you all!

Talia said...

I am so sorry to hear about litlle Mia, but our girls are fighters and I know she will pull through this. I will pray for her. I'm glad to home, but I now wish they had let us stay in Seattle a little longer so I could come and visit you. Take care and as we always say...let me know if there is anything you need, although I don't know what I could do from Alaska!

The Eggett Family said...

What a blessing to get to bring her home and enjoy her so much for 5 days in your own home. You will get to bring her home again soon - I can't imagine how patient you are having to be, You are AMAZING!! I loved all the pictures you shared, she is so darling, her hair color is amazing, in some pictures it looks strawberry blonde :) It's so fun that your kids are just eating her up, thanks for sharing Mimi, and hang in there, I will continue to pray pray pray for Mia. Love You and wish I could be there to lend some support.

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing all these pictures. I just fall in love with Mia all over again...and Ellie is just the best big sis ever! You know you and your family are in our prayers.

Hill Family said...

How strong you are! If only I had the magic wand to fix Mia's broken heart! Just keep up your strength. Call us if you need anything!
Love, The Hill's

Rebecca said...

She's DARLING. I love seeing the pics since I wasn't in town to see the real deal. I WANT TO HOLD HER SO BAD! I hope a heart is ready tonight, so we can see her home again in a few weeks.

Erin said...

It is crazy to see her at home looking so healthy and "normal". It broke my heart to see that last picture of her intubated. It really shows how fragile, and delicate she really is right now. I'm so sorry Mimi, and I can't even imagine the heart break you and John must feel. I wish there was something I could do from so far away! For now I will just send positive energy to you and keep praying for your family and that Mia will get her new heart soon. Hang in there!

bonnerbunch said...

What a little piece of Heaven! She is so precious. My heart is also heavy, I too will be praying for you sweet family. Thanks for sharing her with us!! Good Luck with the transplant! Stay Strong.

Brittany Osborn said...

Oh my heart breaks as well. Sweet little baby. She is so pretty. I can't get over her hair. My babies have a lot of hair but you don't see a lot of blonde babies with a lot. She's gorgeous! Your whole family is beautiful. Can't wait till you get to bring her home again. Thanks for letting us all share in this. We will continue to pray for her and you.

Kirstin said...

I was scrolling down this post, just grinning ear to ear looking at the beautiful pictures and how happy you must be to have all of your family home, and then I got to the last picture, and just started bawling. You are amazing for the spirit you have and for all your family is going through. Mia looks and sounds like she too is an amazing baby. She will fight and get through this. Your family and Mia especially will be in my prayers.

NaeLee said...

Hi Mimi- I only know you briefly from Bethany Mops, but I was told about your baby from my best friend Steph Wolf. Since I heard about Mia, I have been following the link from her blog to check on Mia's progress. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for your sweet little girl everyday. If it would be alright, I'd like to also put a link on my blog. I have some true prayer warrior friends, and I know that they would love to be praying for Mia as well.

Britt said...

Mimi-
It was good to hear from you. Thanks for the nice comment you left on my page...
Jensen & Ellie are adorable & little Mia is so precious.
I am so sorry to see the struggles you & your family are enduring right now. I hope she gets her new heart soon...we'll keep your family in our thoughts & prayers!

Barbiemat said...

Your children are beautiful. Mia is a DOLL. i am so happy for you.

leah said...

I'm so glad you got to take her home and have a time to enjoy with your family! She is beautiful... we are thinking of you guys!!

Maria said...

I LOVE little Mia. She is so sweet. She makes me melt! She is such a little fighter...she amazes me! I know our Father has a plan for your family! This is so awesome that you are able to share Mia and her story with so many.

Yergensen Family said...

She is adorable. I can't believe all that wonderful hair! My heart goes out to you and your family! She looks like a tough little cookie!

Steven and Whitney said...

So, I have officially decided that I can no longer check your blog at work for obvious reasons. Your little Mia has touched many hearts. Thank you for sharing your story with us--I'm sure it isn't easy. Your are a strong family and I'm so proud of the person you are, Mimi. Hang in there and know I love you.

Suzanne said...

What a long road you have been on. Will you please forgive me for being so clueless today when I saw you. I am so glad I got to see you and hear the update on Mia. You are now in my constant prayers and I will check your blog regularly to find out when she gets a new hesrt. You looked so beautiful today. You are amazingly strong for all you have been through. Love you lots!!