Aug 8, 2008

A blog for Mia

Over the past months our lives have been turned upside down to the degree that often we seem to lack the ability to do anything but the basics: Eat, sleep, care for our children, help Mia. Everything else has become unimportant, and even the simplest decisions have become real brain busters! (If you have asked our opinion on anything in the last while you know what I mean). We have been touched as there has been an outpouring of offers to help from all angles. Friends, family and from tons of people we barely even know, or whom we don't know altogether! Because of our lack of coherent thought beyond remembering to breathe in and out, we have been in awe at the ability and desire of those around us to sense what is needed and to make things happen without any direction from us! The dialog usually is, "How can we help?" We respond "I don't know what to say. Keep praying." The prayers have been felt almost tangibly.

A good friend of ours was looking for a way to help and had a great idea. She created a blog, and included a short summary of our situation and set up a means for anyone wishing to help out do so. We are truly grateful for the effort and thought that has gone into this. Already in just one day we have seen an enormous response. Thank you!

5 comments:

jayna said...

What a great idea! Hope you're having a better weekend so far! So many people love you guys- even from long distance!

Brittany Osborn said...

I've really been spreading the word. I hope you don't mind a bunch of strangers looking at Mia's page your friends created.

TheBastians said...

I put a link to it on my blog

Crystal said...

I would LOVE to post Mia's blog button on Noah's Adventure. If you don't mind, may I have the code for the button?

Jennifer said...

That is wonderful! I hope you continue to get all the help you need. Remember, I'm always here!