Aug 25, 2008

Moles Beware

The kids are the best helpers on the planet. If there is a project I am doing, chances are I am the third closest person to the action. I love this and have already seen how handy they are becoming as they can install light bulbs, remove or place screws, hammer nails, remove Sheetrock and the list goes on. The latest is they help me set mole traps. We dig the hole, place the trap, cover it and wait. Here is our latest catch. We have buried all three of these guys in our lawn in their tunnel. I wonder where they are coming from and I hope that when one of their friends shows up they will split. I can imagine them slapping their dead mole buddy and shouting, "Bill, wake up!"


*Here I think Ellie is so engrossed in her pose that she doesn't seem to remember that she is holding a dead rodent. Where does she get that camera ready smile from?



This smug look is the look only a seasoned hunter can have. You don't want to mess with this!

4 comments:

anniewalkfam said...

hehe..that's hilarious. yeah, hopefully all the dead moles will scare the new ones!

Suzie said...

That sounds like one of "The Far Side" comics! You can never start teaching your kids to kill small animals too soon...

Rachel said...

Do you rent those mole hunters out? We cannot get rid of our mole to save our lives!!

Rebecca said...

Wow, you should have some kind of warning, "GRAPHIC PICTURES...CHILDREN BEWARE." on this post! That's insane...love it. Moles are not our friends!