Aug 18, 2008

Suicidal Moth


Ellie has developed a habit of "stretching the truth" lately, and mostly with things that don't matter. Earlier today I walked in her room as she was writing on her leg and immediately informed me that Jensen did it. I was like, "uh, you are still writing, what do you mean?" Strange. But late tonight Ellie was getting more and more creative on her tactics to stay out of bed. She came out of the bathroom wanting me to run in and kill a moth. Jensen has developed a concern about moths as his eyes get real big and he gets really worried about the moth eating the clothes off his body. Despite this and even though our friend Jayna has had many near-death experiences with Moths, I told Ellie that I was confident that she could handle the situation. A minute later she shows up with half a moth. I asked her if she'd killed it (ready to give her a congratulatory high five). She said no. I was like, "but Jensen is in his bed.." She must have realized that she was in a corner, so thinking quickly said, "the moth killed itself." Awesome.

7 comments:

anniewalkfam said...

haha..you're going to have to watch that one...she's a storyteller! But such a cute one!

The Eggett Family said...

Oh that age is SO cute!! She sounds like quite a character!

jayna said...

I love your lying little daughter.
Which brings me to my next point: Adoption. I can offer Ellie a full-ride moth killing scholarship to the Haws Family. Perks would include plenty of fancy dress up clothes and an ugly shaved cat to play with/ torture. We're no Brangelina, but with moth killing skills like hers, Ellie Haws has a nice ring to it...

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness your children are so cute. I love little miss Ellie and her stories! She is too cute. I also love the title of this post, haha :)

Kirstin said...

That is one of the cutest stories I have heard in awhile. She is so darn cute. Quite the imagination....and quick at thinking on her toes!

Carol said...

That is hilarious. I have a sister whose motto growing up was, "never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Somehow she passed that motto, rules of heredity notwithstanding, to MY daughter. It has made our family life quite entertaining. Enjoy!

Maria said...

this made me laugh out loud! I love that she is so determined to always pass the blame... what a cutie!