Sep 10, 2008

Notes from Nats



So I'm back here hanging out with my new BFF, Mia.... We are pretty much in love (its a good thing Max doesn't know how to read yet...he might be jealous) It is amazing how strong this little girl is. She has endured more in two months then I have in 29 years! Okay, 31 years... She is really my hero. I just wish that I could give her a break and breathe for her and have my heart beat 180 times a minute, even for just an hour! It just doesn't seem fair. Being in the hospital has really given me a new perspective on being a nurse and understanding the patient's and family's perspectives. I think it has made me better at what I do.

Mia and I have an agreement that if she can just hold on a little longer then I would buy her a car when she turns 16. She didn't seem impressed but I assured her that it was a big deal. I don't want her cousins to be sad so I will have to see what I can work out for them.....better start saving now!

8 comments:

The Eggett Family said...

Sounds like a good deal for Mia :) She's going to be loving life at 16!!!

anniewalkfam said...

what a good auntie you are! Mimi and Mia are lucky to have you around!

Erin said...

Love the deal....she'll be thanking you one day! And that picture of Mia is so CUTE! I love that blonde crazy hair! She is such a sweetie. Keep fighting baby girl!

Katie said...

What a doll baby! Those long eyelashes & that hair is awesome :) Cute, cute, cute! I check on you guys daily and it looks like you're doing just great. Learning a great deal of PATIENCE I bet. Hoping you've got in touch with Susie & Teagan!!!
Love,
Katie

Nathan said...

Nat, you look fantastic. You are a wonderful aunt and I love how much you can love. Thanks for being there for Mia and her family. Also for taking care of my wife and son while they are there.

Yergensen Family said...

She will be super happy when her 16th birthday rolls around. she is so cute. i love the long eyelashes.

Rachel said...

What a precious post...Nothing like a little Auntie love! I toally used to dream of having a rich aunt to buy me a car at 16.

G said...

I stumbled upon this blog by complete accident. I have another friend who posted a blog with a title Notes from Nat and googled it. And LOLO and behold, my favorite Natalie in the world is here. I love you Lolo. I will keep Mimi and Mia in my prayers. :)