Sep 23, 2008

The Wedding of the Year award goes to.....

My little sister Boo and her fresh and new husband Carl. This weekend was a wonderful break from all things ICU. Not only did my sister get married, but I spent the weekend with my Jense and Ellie.

Telluride CO is like a glorified Park City. It was beautiful- everything about the small town was perfect for their wedding. The hotel we stayed in was right next to the gondola. My children had a slight obsession with the gondola, so being steps away was ideal.

They were married at the top of chair 7. The view was incredible, the vows were sweet, and the bride was gorgeous! It was the perfect spot for the most elegant and romantic wedding. I love weddings! Every time we go to a wedding I always lean over to my husband and say, "I want to get married." Which means- I want to relive our wedding day. Listening to their vows gave me a new appreciation for my spouse and how I felt on my wedding day. John was at the hospital and wasn't able to witness this amazing wedding. He missed out, but spent some quality time with little M.

Unfortunately the flower girl was cold and way to attached to her mommy. She did make it down the isle with a little help from moi. I am sad because doing something like this is totally up her alley. She had a fever earlier that day, and was pretty sick- poor girl. She had been talking about it for months and then when it was time to toss her flowers, she needed a little coaching.

It was so great to spend time with all of my sisters, and see their families. I always thought that I would raise my kids living next to all of my sisters. We are all spread out, so I cherish the occasions that we are all together.

It was a fabulous weekend, and I can't wait to see the video ;-)

here are some pics- enjoy.






















10 comments:

April said...

What a beautiful wedding! You have such a cute family! I'm glad you found my blog, it was fun to look at yours. Your little Mia is so precious. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but I'm glad you got a break to see your family. Good luck with everything. You will be in our thoughts and prayers! Keep in touch.

Spjute

Lauri said...

Her dress was beautiful! Strapless but not with a thing around her shoulder neck and pinched fabric! ;-) I am so impressed that you got it posted last night. Jo Dee better read it this morning! I had a great time meeting Mia in person last night and having dinner with you. I think about you guys all the time and so it was nice to have so good laughs with you. I hope to see you guys again soon, with a new heart!
Lauri

The Eggett Family said...

I'm glad you had a good time!!! What a beautiful bride - they look so happy together. It's fun to see pics of all your family and sisters, you guys are all so BEAUTIFUL - Ellie made a beautiful flower girl - I love her dress.
Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

Beautiful! I am happy you were able to attend and enjoy some good sister time. You needed that. Sister love is the best.

Erin said...

WOW!!! AMAZING! You have the most beautiful family ever. And little Ellie looked so cute in her beautiful dress. I'm glad you were able to get a little break and enjoy your sisters and kiddos.

LiNdS said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! What a nice and well deserved break!

I am Jd Mair's wife... and I wanted to tell you that our blog is private now. If you want to read it, email me at lindseyorme@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite. I love reading your blog.. and we are still praying to read about the transplant soon!

Beth said...

I am so glad that you were able to go to your sister's beautiful wedding and be with Jensen and Ellie. I love reading your blog.

anniewalkfam said...

so cute. you look gorgeous too. i'm glad you were able to go and have a nice break! your kids are dolls! it's amazing how alike yet different you and all your sisters look!

Rebecca said...

I love the dress Ellie wore...I'm hoping there are some even better ones of her standing up in that yumminess...or do we need to schedule a little shoot?! :)

Glad to see the sister pics and especially your happy, Mimi face all dolled up for the fun event.

Looks beautiful!

Rebecca said...

Oh...and email me the big file of that awesome pic of E and J holding hands. Love that.