Oct 8, 2008

Cutest kid EVER


I came home tonight to see the kids and put them to bed. Jensen loves to talk at night after his stories and songs. He loves to stall the inevitable fact that I will leave his room eventually. He definitely got this from me. I always asked my mom for a drink just so I would have that one more minute of company. This was our conversation tonight:

Jensen: Mom, today at co-op there was a girl with three fingers and one finger. (holding up those fingers on each hand)
Me: Oh, really?
Jensen: yeah... why does she only have three fingers and one finger? still holding up those fingers.
Me: Well Heavenly father made every body a little different. Her body formed that way when her mommy was pregnant. Do you know anyone else that doesn't have all of their fingers?
Jensen: Yes, grandpa Vern has fingers like this. (changing the three finger hand to two fingers.)
Me: yep, your right, and we love grandpa Vern so much and Heavenly Father gave him two fingers. Also, your baby sister was born with a perfect body, but her heart doesn't quite work.
Jensen: But why does Heavenly Father want everyone to be different?
Me: He wanted to make us all different so he could love us so much. If everyone was named Jensen and looked like you, I wouldn't know which one was my Jensen. I wouldn't know which one to love so much.
Jensen: oh...(big sigh) Mom, if everyone were just Jensens I would be the one in the back, the one that could love you the most.

It pays to come home from time to time!! This kid is so sweet! Today was a really tough day at the hospital and just having everyday conversations with him help me believe that someday, someday life will be normal again.

16 comments:

Heather and Tim said...

What a cutie! I LOVED this little story. Kids are so precious. We are so lucky to be mommies and have that love to bouy us up whether times are up or down!
Love ya tons and see you soon,
Heather

jayna said...

What a sweetheart- you are SOO glad you recorded this for posterity's sake!

Sorry you gals had a rough day!

Sheri said...

Both Jensen and Ellie are so sweet and obviously love you so much! I'm glad you were able to come put them to bed!!!

The Coatney's said...

seriously. i agree. cutest, sweetest kid ever!

anniewalkfam said...

Jensen really is such a sweet boy. What a cutie. I'm glad he made you smile!

Rebecca said...

Two things I love about his post...the big sigh, because he totally does that when he feels extra special or loved and it is DARLING, and the other thing is that he said he'd be the one in the back. He's just not a front and center of attention guy, and I love it. You don't notice it until he's in a new mix of people, but he is a little shy at first and it is sweet. Thanks for sharing.

leah said...

That left me a little teary eyed! How sweet....

Shauntelle ~ said...

Ok, so the last couple of days I have been checking your blog very often just thinking that anytime now you will get your miracle. Hang on. With each passing day you are one day closer to that miracle. You are in our thoughts, our hearts and our prayers. It is so tough to be in your shoes and not many fully understand what it takes not only from you and your husband but your kiddos as well. I will tell you that my kids have fully bounced back to where they were before Kaidence got sick BUT they have become so kind and comapssionate to others. Our children more fully understand faith, prayer and trials and know that we all have to work together in a family and I wouldn't trade that for anything. Hold on and know that we are waiting with you.

With Hope, Faith and Love,
Shauntelle
Kaidence's mommy

The Eggett Family said...

That is such a sweet story!! He is a little ANGEL!! I'm sorry you had a rough day - I'm glad you got to come home and put your sweet kids to bed. You are such a good Mama. Just remember "This too shall pass" I know that saying is much easier said than done. Hang in there Mimi, and keep those spirits high. Her heart will come SOON.

babydrew said...

Mimi,

That is such a great story and your responces to him are so very perfect. We pray for you and Mia often. If there is anything we can do for you please let us know.

Love,

Taw, Stacey, Ali, Lexi, and Baby Drew

Talia said...

That is the sweetest thing. Thank you so much for sharing.

Cindy said...

Mimi- that is the cutest story! I am so glad that you could share that special moment with him- in the right place at the right time!

Rachel said...

That is just too sweet for words!

Brittany Osborn said...

How cute is that!? Seriously.

Erin said...

He sounds like the sweetest boy ever! Thanks for sharing that sweet story and I'm so glad you were able to go home at put them to bed. You are such a great mommy!

mbishopp said...

Ok, i cried. i have cried a lot for Alexander, but the things that you are going through are so much harder. I am sorry that Mia has to suffer so much, I wish I could give her a big strong heart so she can dance with you in the hallways of your own home.
You're always in my heart. Good news will come.