Oct 27, 2008

Does anybody have a pen?


Last night after stories and songs I assumed Jensen had fallen asleep. A few hours later John discovered that he was very much awake and having a great time. Jensen enjoys writing in one of many activity books. When the activity book was full, he decided to make up his own activity. Jense pretty much covered his entire foot in ink (even between the toes) . Apparently he isn't very ticklish. Not only was his foot covered in ink, but he wrote his sisters name all the way up his leg. He is really enjoying his new ability to spell certain words. We got a good laugh, had a little talk about where the ink goes, and then let him stay up and watch videos of his baby sis. It was a good night! Oh, and he read his first book without help today. I am so shocked by the progress he is making! I had to keep looking at him to make sure he was mine.

7 comments:

Riley Family said...

Yea for growing up! That is a great story, and great penmanship. ;) You gotta love those moments when you want to laugh and applaud their work when you want to tell them no at the same time. I love reading about your family fun! I will be in Seattle on November 1st, can I come and see you and meet Baby Mia???

Rachel said...

Love it! How can you even have that "we use pens on paper" talk with a straight face? He is hilarious.

The Eggett Family said...

That is hilarous!! He was a very busy boy working on that leg. It makes me squirm just thinking about writing on my foot. I'd be way too tickleish.

You guys are such good, patient parents. I think most of us would have lost it at that point. Jensen is one lucky little boy.

The Eggett Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

This is AWESOME~~~ Love it!! How sweet is it that he was writing Elli's name. What a brother. Most boys would be writing "mater" or "batman".....thanks for sharing this!! Too funny!

Brittany Osborn said...

He he. Jensen is so cute!

Rebecca said...

I've never seen anything like that before. When I was dressing him for swimming, I was thinking, "are they going to let him in the pool?" It was funny to take him to his teacher and just be like, "he likes to draw!"