Oct 23, 2008

Happiness is




Happiness is this book!

I received this book in the mail last week. One of my favorite people in the world sent it to me. When we were in college I gave her this book as a gift and we took turns highlighting and writing everything we found in this book that made us happy. The best part of this tradition is looking up the page numbers she marked and reading her hilarious commentary. We lived next door to each other at Arbor Cove in Rexburg ID While attending Ricks College. Tonight as I read through old entries I am reminded just how funny we were. What a happy time that was. We spent hours laughing together. I wish I could flash back to College and laugh until I cried. It has been years since I have had the book, and it came at just the right time. Her friendship is a true source of happiness for me. I learned something about my self while going over my funny entries. 1) my handwriting hasn't changed and is still totally illegible. 2)I am still using the same lingo I did 9 years ago. SO! It really is a fun book- We need more books like this!!

Happiness is my girl Jenn- Our children are a few days apart(anders and ellie) and we have had their marriage arranged since their birth. We literally had a ball at Ricks. We created our own fun and couldn't have been more proud of our shenanigans.




Happiness is Jenn coming here on Halloween to meet Mia!!! well, and visit family members.

Happiness is feeling that although you are supposed to be grown up- there is one person on the planet that will always bring out the fun college student in you!

What is your happiness today?

8 comments:

ann said...

I found your blog somehow - it could be 'next blog, next blog, next blog...' and the next somehow is that God has put of course precious Mia - but more than that - MOM on my heart. So, Mimi I pray for you in your vigil and all the ramifications of it, and for your continued ability to grab some optimism when you find it - and your absolute commitment to your daughter. I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night praying for you as you wait with your daughter. I am far away, and will never know you past these pictures and these thoughts - so, know that from away - away - away - another mom is praying for you.

ann said...

I found your blog somehow - it could be 'next blog, next blog, next blog...' and the next somehow is that God has put of course precious Mia - but more than that - MOM on my heart. So, Mimi I pray for you in your vigil and all the ramifications of it, and for your continued ability to grab some optimism when you find it - and your absolute commitment to your daughter. I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night praying for you as you wait with your daughter. I am far away, and will never know you past these pictures and these thoughts - so, know that from away - away - away - another mom is praying for you.

Rebecca said...

I've been waiting for this post! I think it is so awesome that she sent this to you, and I really hope I get to meet her. I'm happy today about Chris coming home for lunch and when he was almost out the door, shouting his goodbyes, Alice said in a "duh" voice, "Daaaad, you forgot to kiss me and hug me..."

I lived at Arbor Cove too! I lived in the really big one that was in the front, maybe it was number three? I don't know for sure, but it was right on the front of the building and had three bedrooms. It was mammoth. I liked living there, but ditched it for Royal Crest in the fall.

The Eggett Family said...

Mimi - You haven't changed a bit, just as beautiful as ever!!! 9 years has been very good to you :)

My happiness today is that I got to go on a first grade field trip with my daughter and celebrate her first bus ride ever. And a husband who willingly took the day off work to watch the other kids so that I could go.

I need to read that book

anniewalkfam said...

Meems, i loved that post. it is a cute book and i loved reading some of your guys commentary the other day. I'm glad it's given you some laughs recently. my happiness today was having a fun day out with my mom and kiddos for her birthay. keep smiling!

babydrew said...

Mimi,

You and your beautiful daughter are so strong. We pray for your continued strength and that soon Mia will have her new heart.

Love,

Taw, Stacey, Ali, Lexi, and Baby Drew

Cindy said...

I love this post! It is such a strong reminder of how just thinking about happy things can brighten our days! My happiness today is getting Halloween costumes purchased without any hitches! Keep on keepin' on!

Princess Pookie said...

Happiness is seeing Mimi in that red dress! RICKS...now those were the days! "BYU Idaho" certainly can't be the same. I'm pretty sure I have a pic. standing in that exact spot. The "field" between Arbor Cove and the hot guys apt.
P.S. Is that leather coat hanging in Mia's closet??:)