Nov 23, 2008

Princess Central


I never thought the day would come that I would have a little girl running around in princess clothes all day. I was excited to have a little girl that was into fairy tales. Well... we are in full blown princess mode at our house. Ellie got the Costco dress up chest last year for Christmas. She dressed up here and there with cousins, but was never as into as she is now.

Being the little sister she has been a good sport about playing whatever Jensen wanted to do. We thought it was cute that she wasn't super girly. Out of nowhere she is playing beauty shop and running around in all things princess. We always know where she is in the house from the noisy plastic shoes that are a permanent fixture on her feet. Ellie can rarely keep track of anything- but I am impressed with how many crowns/head pretties she manages to alternate. Last night she did my hair in her beauty salon. It was darling to say the least. As she was combing and twisting my hair she was repeating everything I say to her while I do her hair. She is strictly hair and lip gloss at her salon. Luckily she has a collection of lip glosses from my bathroom-I don't have the heart to take them back. John mentioned that every day Ellie can be found in her room reapplying nail polish on her toes. It is getting thicker as the layers go on. John found her applying nail-polish remover the other day and used most of the bottle in one sitting, so that's not an option. Just layer it on!

Many of you probably have girls that do this exact same thing... when did they grow up? I am cherishing her princessness because I don't get to see her- and I don't want to miss this time.

John introduced her to this music video- now she wants to watch it on a loop. She calls it the princess song- or sometimes the white dress song. * you have to pause the music on left to hear





Usually after watching this video she will run to me wherever I am in the house and ask me the following questions:

"Did you get married?"
"Can I see you get married?"
"Did you wear a dress with your daddy?" Daddy means John.
"Did you run to your daddy?"
"Mom, can I show baby Mia how to be a princess?" (can I play dress up with her)

Sometimes Ellie will ask John if she can marry him. Sometimes she says she is gonna marry Jensen. Really cute. Jensen plays along. I think mostly he doesn't get it, and doesn't pay much attention, so his attitude is like, "ya we'll get married. I'm cool with that."

There is a sweet magic in her eyes when she asks me about how I feel about her daddy. Sometimes she will run to me and say, "mommy, mommy, mommy, did you get married to your daddy?" Me: "yes honey, I married daddy." Then she will just walk away with a smile on her face- no words. The wheels are turning in there- and I have a feeling she will be a hopeless romantic.

17 comments:

Steve-O said...

Click, Clack, Click, Clack, I know the sound of the hard plastic princess shoes on the hard wood floors all to well. Then she will want to wear them to church and then one day to preschool. It just gets cuter.

Jennifer said...

I can't wait for the princess stuff. My one princess just turned one, so hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer. I do have prince of my own that looks at our wedding pictures and asks me to wear my "married clothes" so I can marry him. Kids are just the sweetest!

ChristophersHeart said...

Oh we are so there in this house too! My girl is 3 and it's like a switch went off in her head last week and she's all about being a princess. She has a cinderella costume, complete with shoes (her pumps) as she calls them LOL and will only answer to princess cinderella as of late. And honestly? I love it. I love watching her be a little girly girl and caught up in the wonders of princesses, princes and magic. And I love how normal it is, oh how I love the normal moments in our life!
Enjoy your sweet princess!

Brimaca said...

Cute. I can't wait for those fun times with my little L. Right now she is doing what you said Ellie did with Jensen. She loves to play ball and tackle and "boy" things.

Peg said...

This is Cindy's Mom again. I have many memories of Cindy changing her outfits all day long. When Amanda came along, she was Cindy's personal live dress up doll. I treasure each memory. You will too.

The Simmons Family said...

Oh how precious!!!! Kamryn was never really TOO princess"ish"... she's been a video game junkie from the start. She loves the painted nails (although she likes black... disturbing)... and she likes her hair a different way each day.

Girls are WONDERFUL... so SWEET, so PRECIOUS, and we get to be little girls all over with them!! I can't wait to see pics of Ellie dressing Mia ALL up!!!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

that is so sweet! oh the sound of those shoes...izy is not getting into that too...lexi has been into it for awhile. every chance she gets she is in something princessey and i totally know what you mean about the lipgloss! they are so cute and precious and i've been wondering the same thing..."when did my babies start to grow up?" lexi used to say she wanted to marry her daddy too! i explained she has to marrry someone like Jensen, or her other boy friend, Payton because I was already married to daddy! they are so very sweet!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

oops typo, i meant izy is now getting into that too!

Princess Pookie said...

She is a girl after my own heart! All things PRINCESS! Lucy is already obsessed with princess everything. Hmmm...wonder why?!:) Have you ever heard the song "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman? It's a tear jerker!

Rachel said...

Funny...Lauren just started with the princess dress-up too. She's never wanted to wear her princess dresses before these last couple of weeks. I wonder if Preschool has played a role in this...playing with the other girls who love to dress up. Whatever it is, I am eating it up. I love seeing her play dress up. We even did Ethan and Jason's hair last night. That was funny.

Sarah said...

Oh your Ellie sounds so adorable! My Anna is also a hopeless romantic, loves all things princess, make-believe and especially plastic high-heeled shoes. She also loves that song by Taylor Swift and calls it the "Juliet" song. Gotta love these girls! :)

Rebecca said...

Love her, love the song, love the post. So cute!

Brittoni said...

all three of my girls love the princess shoes. My ellie is 8 and will still wear them and play along with Maggee and Lucy. Our latest cotastrophe occured with the fun dress up shoes. Lucy was wearing them and fell and broke her leg. She is in a full leg cast now. I thought maybe it would scare her away from them but just yesterday I found her in her room putting the dress up shoes on her good leg that wasn't in a cast and was putting on her crown and cinderella dress. She also gets mad if I tell people she broke her leg on her "dress up" shoes. SHe corrects me and says they are her "princess shoes". I am sure the minute the cast comes off the shoes will go right back on.

The Eggett Family said...

So Sweet!! I think it's so cute that she calls John your Daddy. Probably because her Daddy is the man she loves the very most in her life, so she figures he's your Daddy too :)

Stephanie said...

Oh I just can't wait for Allie to be into dressing up and playing princess! Isn't it amazing to experience what goes on in their little heads? I just love it!

Kate said...

Hey Mimi, I don't know if you remember me, but I worked at NWCHC at the front desk. I started at a new job in August, but I wanted to let you know that I have been checking this website every week since I left, and I'm sooo excited for you and your family, that Miss Mia finally got her new HEART!! I wish you guys the best, and I will keep checking this website, I love reading your story's. Love-Kate(NWCHC)

The Coatney's said...

she is so stinkin' cute. i love little elvis. i can't wait to hit the princess stage here. i'm pretty much over thomas