Nov 25, 2008

Smoochy

We think we are really funny kissing with masks on. I in particular think it is hilarious. We have been wearing masks in Mia's room and I have several funny jokes about Michael Jackson and the joys of smelling my own breath. You know, even though the mask isn't very intimate, it could be great for couples that struggle with bad breath. I should patent that idea.


I have been meaning to make a post on here about my wonderful wife. I have been time and again amazed at her ability to persevere day in and day out as our trial has drug on. I know that on many occasions she felt as if she couldn't handle another day of heartbreak, bad news, watching Mia suffer with out even the comfort of holding her, or feeding her, and the waiting and waiting. Each new day she has been able to summon a smile and dig in for another day. I am always impressed at how well Mimi is able to take over much of the nurses jobs. I have many times felt amazed as Mimi is right in the action when Mia has had a scary episode etc.

I too have enjoyed her posts her on the blog. I find myself checking the blog several times a day to get the latest on Mia since I have to work. I in turn report to Mimi about all the cute things the kids are doing here at home as we chat each night. Tonight we (the kids and I) were moving all the furniture back into the bedrooms since we just got our new carpet installed. As we were eating dinner Jensen was rearing to go. He said, "Dad, I'm gonna work real hard until I am really tired and really sweaty." Ellie got mad that Jensen and I put her mattress on her bed. We took it off, and watched as Ellie single-handedly put her mattress on BY HERSELF. Amazing. It has been priceless to watch as the kids were so eager to dismantle the beds and shelves etc as we moved furniture and then put them back together again. Those kids can work a wrench/ alen wrench and screw driver better than some adults i know.

Meems. You are great. You are also very Hot.

11 comments:

Shila said...

John, you are so cute I love that you think and say out loud that your wife is "Hot!"

Stephanie said...

So sweet!!! I think it's amazing how strong both you and Mimi have stayed for each other throughout this process and Mia is so incredibly lucky to have two wonderful parents that love her so much!!!!!

The Coatney's said...

she is great. and hot. i miss her. also, ellie is amazingly strong. what do you feed those kids?

jayna said...

That kiss is hot.

The Eggett Family said...

Love the masks!! How romantic :)
I can't wait for your family to be reunited. Your kids have such sweet litte spirits and seem like such good helpers. I bet they can't hardly wait to have Mommy and Mia home!!! You are both amazing, Trials can either make or break your marriage, and you guys have endured this trial so well together. You are a wonderful example to all of us.

Rebecca said...

Ellie is a strong little girl. She will not be stopped! Though it doesn't surprise me that she can handle her own mattress, it does AMAZE me. She's awesome, strong as her mom!

Sarah said...

What a cute post, John :) I love the picture of your kissy masks, you guys are too fun.

Lauri said...

I think one of the reasons that Mimi has been able to stay so strong is because she has a strong man to support her. Way to be there for each other throughout all of this and what's to come.

Jennifer said...

Mimi is AMAZING! I also think the kissing with masks on is hilarious. I have a picture of me and Erin (Anglesey) "kissing" with snowmobiling helmets on that I'm sure you'd enjoy! I'm so glad things are moving along so smoothly. I can't wait for the "WE'RE HOME!" post.

Heather and Tim said...

I loved catching up on your blog, John and Mimi. So many happy moments recorded, and so much love in your little family! We can't wait to see your little princess (and cutie-man Jensen) at the Turkey Day dinner!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

So cute!!!