Dec 8, 2008

A Good Day

We made our last minute attempt to have a clean house before the news guy showed up. We decided to pull out all of the Christmas stuff last night- NOT SMART. So we ended up throwing Christmas back into the bins so we appeared somewhat presentable. King 5 wanted to come last Friday, but I was SOOO sick and tired. They agreed to come today instead. Mia is becoming quite the little spokesperson for organ donation. We want all the little babies to be blessed as Mia has.

Mia's first clinic appointment was today. There was some confusion about checking in (mostly the fact that I had to check in THREE separate places), and there were no orders for her lab work. We spend a good hour trying to get ahold of the right people, but we finally made our way to her apt. No new news except that her cellcept levels were extremely high. They didn't get the results until today (from friday)- soooo I have been pumping her full of a medication that was at a toxic level all weekend. Poor Mia.

The best news of the day however is that one of Mia's roommates is getting her angel heart tonight. This little girl has been through so much. Please pray for her family and the donor family. The transplant is in a few hours.

Here is the link to King 5's story from tonight. It's titled "Heart Transplant baby gets 3- month check up." Where did they get that info? It will be one month tomorrow. I am always surprised by what material they end up using. Click HERE to watch.

12 comments:

Chris & Tammy said...

I saw you guys on the news last night. I thought they did a good job except I thought the same thing, 3 month checkup??? Between that and Komo 4 confusing Mimi and Mia, it goes to show you that you cant believe everything you see on the news. However I got a text from Marci who saw that you guys were going to be on the news and she was really happy for Mia. It is so wonderful that you guys are all doing good and are at home!!

Brimaca said...

Where do they get that stuff. I mean that's a pretty big piece of info. to mess up on. Oh well. I guess. She looked adorable. Actually you all looked great. I think of you everyday and prayer for you and her donor family and I talk to people about organ donation a lot. I think the people at church are sick of me but oh well.

Carrie Hellewell said...

I can't believe you guys are a regular on the news. I'm so glad that she is doing better and she is home!!!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

it was a great interview though..i emailed them about the mistake..silly. love the picture of you guys. is it shayla that is getting her heart? that is wonderful whoever it is!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

What a great picture!!!
Many prayers go out for Mia's former roomate getting her new heart...and for the donor family. Prayers continue for Mia!!!!

Rebecca said...

Meem, you are killing me! I've been calling everyday and I'm in withdrawal. Thanks for posting! I know you're busy.

The Eggett Family said...

Very Nice Family Picture!! You all look wonderful. Mia is sure going to make a difference in organ donation. You guys are great for doing interviews. I'm so happy for Mia's former roommate, what a special day for her. I can't believe it's been a month since Mia's heart transplant. That time flew for me, although I'm sure it didn't fly for you. Mia looks great, I continue to pray for her health and her heart.

McKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peg said...

This is Cindy's Mom again. We are so happy that your precious Mia is home. We continue to pray for you each day.

Yergensen Family said...

Mimi you look Wonderful! Your family is so adorable. So happy everything is going well! You are always in our thoughts!

Amy said...

Hi McDonalds-
I don't know how we could've overlooked that mistake. (KING) Rather big goof. Wish I could have been there to do the story that day.

Love seeing the pics and your updates on life at home. Take care & have a wonderful holiday!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

This is actually JD, not Ann... Great picture. It is nice to see ones of the family at home finally. Had to say that I am also glad to see Ellie throwing gang signs! Must get that from John? HA HA.