Dec 3, 2008

Subliminal Messages

You know how parents send messages while praying? Not just messages to Father, but to others listening in the room? Like, "Please help Tommy to stop hitting his sister." That kind of thing. Well, Ellie does that for me. Tonight was a great example. I told Ellie to pray for Mom to feel better since she is sick tonight. Part of her prayer went..."Help Mommy to feel better, bless Jensen, Daddy is being really mean to da kids and I'm really sad, bless baby..." She cracks me up.

Mimi is really sick tonight. Thank goodness her mom is in town through December. We may have to convince her to move in permanently. She is staying with Mimi and baby tonight since Mimi was too sick to come home and just went to sleep.

Mia is doing well. We are learning a lot about this next phase of her life. There will be a lot of busy work with all the meds and feeds. For now Mimi and the baby have 3 appointments per week at the hospital to draw lab tests for monitoring. These appointments are 4 to 5 hours each time! I am sure Mimi would welcome some companionship on these visits so let me know if anyone wants to kick it at the hospital with Mimi and I will hook you up. I am sure her mom will go with her when she can through December. Luckily the quantity of meds and visits should taper off as the months roll by, as we have heard. Mimi hasn't given me the official word on visitors, but the doctors have said that really there shouldn't be visitors at our house for a while other than Grandma/Grandpa and a few others. Time will go by quickly as it always does, and Mia will be healthy and strong and growing. We will have to think up some home projects to keep us occupied here at home. Maybe a second tool shed? A zip line from Jensens bedroom to the Play structure? Surround sound installation? :) I am sure Mimi already has my list, so I won't spend time worrying about what to do with myself...haha mimi.

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

So nice to hear you talking about stuff to do at home now!!!! So much better than having to go back and forth to the hospital...how incredibly blessed you are! Hope Mimi starts feeling better very soon!!!

Lauri said...

You can put me on the Seattle "list". I would be happy to go up there sometime. I hope you feel better Mimi. I have had a bad stomach myself and am just starting to feel better.

Brimaca said...

Ellie is funny. I'm sure if my kid could speak better he'd say the same of me. I wish I lived near you I would love to go to Seattle and just hang out with Mimi. Blessing to all of you!

Katie said...

Mimi- hope you start feeling better. That's the pits. Thinking of you and can't wait for you to be home! I'm so excited for your sweet little family, I can hardly stand it :) Hang in there with DISCHARGE...
Love to you,
Katie

Stephanie M Larsen said...

John your so cute. What a wonderful husband and daddy! I know what you mean about the prayers, I get those from Ky (she's 4) too. I hope Mimi gets better soon, it makes so much sense that her body is probably so worn down from all the stresses, we'll keep her in our prayers. How wonderful for all of you to be living under the same roof soon.

The Eggett Family said...

Oh Meems!! I'm sorry your sick. I hope you get feeling better REALLY fast.

John - I love Ellie's prayer, I give messages all the time in my prayers just HOPING that they are acutally listening to what I'm saying :) I also get messages from them like Please Help Mom to be a nice Mom. Pretty much every night, so don't feel bad. It's hard to be a parent of a 5 and 3 year old and be nice ALL THE TIME!!

Good Luck with coming home tomorrow, I hope your transition goes well. It sounds like you will be SUPER busy with appointments, and just keeping up with all the meds. I'm glad your Moms in town, that will be SO helpful during the transition.

Coming home from the hospital after having a baby is always a hard transition for me and that's only being gone for 3-4 days. But life always gets back to normal (whatever normal is) and I adjust. I hope it goes well for you Mimi, and it's an easy adjustment. I'm so happy that you will be together as a family once again. Hang in there!!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

ellie is such a sweetie!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

sent that too soon. i'm sorry meems is sick...too many emotions and stress, plus it's that time of year. i'd love to accompany mimi and mia to their appts and help her out at home if needed! i can usually find someone to watch my rugrats! :) take care.

babyjane said...

I am so excited for your little family...good luck on the transition home! Meems, don't forget to take care of yourself too!

Sarah said...

Hahaha, Anna totally says stuff like that in her prayers sometimes too. They always make me laugh :) And Mimi, I hope you get better soon! You poor girl!

Julie said...

Add me to the Seattle list too! Especially between Dec. 18 & Jan 7 because we will have extra grandparents around here for babysitting! Or most any Monday since Jason will be home from work.

Stephanie said...

Hooray!!! It should be homecoming today!!! So happy for you all..hope all is going according to plan. Keeping you in my prayers!

Beth said...

I would love to help out with Hospital visits. Let me know when. John, I love Ellie's prayer. I might have to come kidnap Mimi sometime since I can't visit your house. :) Love you guys!!

mom in iowa said...

Hope the lack of updates means you are enjoying life at HOME together as a family :O)
What a blessed holiday season this will be for your family.