Feb 7, 2009

Angel Annabelle

We whipped up a batch of yummy cupcakes for one of Mia's angel heart friends. Annabelle would have been one year last week, and in celebration of her life- many of the heart mommies made cupcakes and sent off balloons in honor of sweet baby Annabelle. Anabelles mother is truly an amazing person. After the death of her daughter, Rebecca started sending "Annabelle Baskets" to other heart babies around the country. Mia and I received one when we were in the hospital and it was just what we needed to make it through that day. She has taken her grief and created a wonderful legacy for her daughter. She is a constant reminder to me of how precious our little ones are, and how we need to cherish our time with them. Happy Birthday sweet girl- we are sending long distance hugs to your mommy, daddy, and big brother. If you want to know more sweet Angel Annabelle click HERE.
I had the sweetest conversation with Ellie about heaven and why babies sometimes need to go back home to Heavenly Father. Annabelle has been all the talk around our house and how she now lives in Heaven. Mortality seen in the eyes of a child is so refreshing.
The kids did a pretty good job decorating the cupcakes. They were both a little preoccupied with thinking of ways that we could get some of the cupcakes up to Annabelle in Heaven. My favorite question that came up was, "Mom, do you think that Annabelle will like this cupcake I made? He followed it up with, "I really want her to feel special." I assured him that she was a very special baby and was loved by so many.
Miss Mees sending off her balloon to baby Annabelle. The kids insisted on sending off the balloons off one at a time which didn't make for a very good photo. Happy Birthday Sweet Angel Annabelle!!

Rebecca, you are amazing thank you for sharing her story with us! If any of you want to send some love to Rebecca you can click on her blog and let her know that you were thinking about her on what would have been her daughters 1st birthday.


8 comments:

Lauri said...

Oh my word, talk about a tear jerker Mimi! I went and saw sweet Annabelle's birthday party pictures and was totally crying the whole time. It sure makes me once again grateful for not only the health of my sweet kids but how lucky Mia is to have come into our lives and to be able to be so strong so that she could get her angel heart. Give her extra big hugs for me....

Jennifer said...

So sweet! What a wonderful thing to do and a good way to start those kinds of conversations. You're kids are so freakin' cute!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

oh how sad but how sweet you and your kids are and what an angel Annabelle's mom is to so many as well! miss and love you guys!

Shelley Eggett said...

What an incredible Mom to think outside of herself and her sorrow and try to bless the lives of others. I love the cupcakes and balloons idea, that is SO sweet!

Shila said...

It looks like you had a sweet fun day with all your kids in thinking of others!

Rebecca said...

I love this post! Thanks for sharing, little Mia looks so cute sending off her balloon, and I love Jensen and Ellie's little minds. Thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

Talk about an eye opener. I love finding these things on days when I feel overwhelmed and wanting to go crawl into bed. I am so grateful there is people like you in this world who make it better for those around. You are a great mother. If I could be half as good as you I would be doing ok.

Cindy said...

I am a little saddened to read your post, but at the same time, reminded how precious every second of our lives is. Annabelle's b-day is shared by a little boy named Kyle, who just died last Monday from acute liver failure. We attended his funeral yesterday, but on Saturday he would have been 10 years old. Kyle and Annabelle made such an impression on people's lives- how blessed we are to have known them.