Feb 11, 2009

First Friends

You won't believe this- but I left my house... for social purposes!! Katie and Susie (Heart moms) took a trip over to our (Jesse and I) side of the state and we got to hang out. In her seven months of life Mia has only spent time with other babies as roommates in the ICU- until NOW. Mia's girl friends Maddie and Teagan are the cutest little girls ever. I was over joyed watching her sit on that couch with girls her age. We were only at home for a few minutes before we left, but for that few minutes we had a titch of normalcy. Jesse (Luke's mom), Susie, Katie and I had a wonderful evening together. All of the heart mommies I know... I LOVE!


We all tried really hard to get them to smile- I think Mia was embarrassed about the high waisted jeans she was sporting. Who knew miss Mia was so fashion forward? Even though they are coming back in style, I am not feelin it!


13 comments:

John Boy said...

I personally love Mia's "MOM JEANS"

The Simmons Family said...

I'm so glad you girls had fun! Aren't heart moms wonderful?!

Andrea

Shelley Eggett said...

I'm so happy that you got to go out and enjoy a fun night out! Those 3 babies are adorable, it's so fun to see them all looking healthy and happy.

Lisa D :) said...

Oh Mia, don't be bummed about those jeans 'cause you are totally rockin' them sweetie!

I'm so glad you got to go out with your BFF's today! How wonderful it is to see you and your family enjoying life.

God is so good!

Brimaca said...

I don't normally like high waisted jeans but she can pull anything off. They are really cute!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

so cute! that's so great you were able to get out with your fellow heart moms and felt some normalcy with their little girls and mia on the couch! you all are amazing!

Talia said...

I told Katie I am so jealous of all of you!! I really need to make a trip to WA.

The Beals said...

Oh my heck I DIED chuckling at Mias little worried hands and VERY concerned expression! She is the cutest little thing ever! Long live the mom jean! (especially if it produces adorable pictures like that one!) And Im THRILLED you got to go out and have a 'regular nite out'! I hope it becomes a regular blessing in your life now! You deserve it!

Stephanie said...

High waisted or not...Mia's adorable!!!!

Katie said...

That was so much fun, we have to do it again in very soon! We loved getting to see Mia, she's so adorable, especially in those "mom jeans" :) Your family is precious too...
Love,
Katie & Maddie

Jennifer said...

Mia is so freaking cute! I totally wanted to squeeze her the whole time I was there on Tuesday, but I didn't want to interfere with feeds and such. Plus I just didn't know if it was OK and my fear of rejection kept me from asking. Next time, I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be able to resist the urge. She is too precious!

Sarah said...

Those babies are so cute!!! I love them all on the couch together, and your comment about Mia's jeans made me laugh. You are too funny. I am so glad you were able to get out with good friends, there is nothing better! :)

The Butcher Family said...

What an awesome time together! I LOVE the picture of the three of them together...Mia is definitely the fashion leader of the gang! :)
I am so glad that you got to get out and have some mommy time, Mimi! You amaze me!!!

Love y'all~ Rebecca