Feb 27, 2009

The Princess is 4- wut wuut?

Yes, my little girl is four years old! sniff sniff. The post is only two weeks late- woopsie. We had a little partay for the girly at our church. All preparations pretty much happened the day of, (compliments of miss mia) EXCEPT for the cake that was lovingly made by my sisters Nat and Boo. Her castle cake takes the cake fo show. Ellie had a wonderful time. We played "princess balance" (holding pink marshmallows on spoons while walking), popping balloon race, and duck duck goose. Oh, and a princess pinata. My children have a personal motto that every birthday party isn't complete without a pinata. She completely cracked us up playing duck duck goose. Here is a little clipski... yes I youtubed!!









What can I say about his girl? She keeps me on my toes with her sassiness, yet melts my heart with her tender side.


Ellie loves to wear curlers in her hair, but they rarely make it through the night. she is what we like to call a thrasher in the night. I love that she requests the curlers. I wore the same sponge curlers when I was young, and I feel bad subjecting her because they are NOT comfortable to sleep on. I can still feel a sore spot on my scalp from waking up the next morning after wearing these and wondering why I traded beauty for a good nights sleep. One of my favorite things about Elvis is her hair!

Miss Imagination. How do I politely ask little Elvis to stop having picnics for so many guests in the morning? I don't think I can. This is actually a very tidy picnic...fruit snacks all in a row. I need to post about a not so cute picnic. This is a birthday post after all so we'll stick with the cuteness!


Ellie is not afraid of anything- except for the dark when it is convenient at night. If you couldn't tell this is a picture of her daddy flinging her in the air towards the ceiling. This is one of many "circus tricks" they like to do together. I always watch these tricks with my eyes half closed secretly hoping the kids never get hurt so I can continue to approve of their escapades. Daddy has a need for roughhousing and boy do the kids oblige.


Last but not least- my absolute favorite thing about Ellie is the mother within her. Most girls(Ellie included) love their dolls and dress them up and pretend to be mommy, but Ellie has not let up even an ounce with her baby sister. Although many moments of the day are spent bargaining with her NOT to touch her sister, it can come in handy from time to time. Ellie darts upstairs to replace a binki when she hears Mia crying over the monitor, she changes her diaper, gets her clothes, spends countless hours talking and singing to her, tries to lift her out of her swing, (yikes) wants everyone she comes in contact with to see her baby, pushes run and stop on her feeding pump, pushes her meds through the tube, does all the bathing with me, and makes sure Mia never has a dull moment. She will be a great mommy if she isn't worn out before Mia isn't a baby anymore.

Here are a few pics from Birthdays past- I think Mees is going to look a lot like Elvis.





Here's to my make up stealing, marathon praying, dress up wearing, song singing, brother bugging, candy smuggling, baby smothering, constant shower taking, bed time negotiating, conversation creating, bum dancing, non flushing, no hot food eating, tummy talking, lover of books and toothpaste little girl. We love you Ellie- you bring so much excitement to our lives!

13 comments:

Shila said...

I love this tribute to Ellie! She is such a beautiful little girl. I remember doing Alisha's hair in those curlers too! About the time she got to be 4 that was the end of my hair dooin days. Tip for the curlers though, try putting her hair in a high pony tail and then sectioning off the hair into the curlers. I got to see your kidos and John the other day at Deana's! I heard you weren't feeling good. I hope you feel better today, it's the weekend!

Katie said...

Great post...Happy 4th Birthday Ellie! The party looked like lots of fun and your baby girls are so beautiful, yes, they do look a lot like each other at that age! Can't wait for princess parties (Barbie ones, right?!?) in our future too!
Love,
Katie

Brimaca said...

So cute! Happy birthday Ellie. She is so pretty and cute. Her cake was amazing. Yay for sisters...wish I had some! Brothers will do I guess. :)

Brimaca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brimaca said...

So my friend Sara M. lives in your ward. We went to SUU and graduated together. I didn't know if she had mentioned it so I thought I would.

Mimi said...

hmmmm- I don't know Sara M. Unless she moved in the last year I don't know her. If she is in my ward I look forward to meeting her.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to miss Ellie, even if it is a little late :) I love your Ellie, she cracks me up just from your posts about her. And I don't think she could get any cuter. I'm glad you guys had such a fun birthday with her and kudos to your sisters for the cake! That thing is impressive! :)

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

i loved that post...i especially loved the tummy talking...she's been saying that a lot these last couple of days and she really is a negotiater. it's hilarious. i love her hair too...it's so fun to do, my girls hair is so short! you kids are cuties for sure!

Jen said...

Such a cute post. The party was amazing. I'm so glad Kaylee and Ellie are friends...and even better is that we're friends. :) I got a great giggle out of the video clip. I tried to watch it last night, but couldn't get it to play. Soooo cute. I think Kaylee would have chased her a few million times.

mbishopp said...

what a girly-girl!

Rebecca said...

Wut, Wuut...Ellie is tribute worthy to the MAX. You like that? I love that it has been almost eight months since she non-stop loved on your belly and she still talks about when Mia was in there. That was so cute the other day when she was informing me that Mia "came out." I loved her birthday cake, Alice is still talking about it. What's the story with the spraying picture. Love the video and I love that last picture...so cute. She has great hair, amazing sass and she is truly a very motivated, driven person that I look forwards to knowing as she grows older. That one has some seriously infectious personality. Love her!

Shelley Eggett said...

Such a beauty, that video is priceless.

She sounds like so much fun and I love her picnics, how cute is that!!

Beth said...

I am so sad that we missed her party. I loved the clip of her running and running and running around the chairs. I love the pictures of each birthday, I just might still that idea. Thanks, Meems.