1. What is something mom always says to you? "Stuff she wants to say." and Dad? "Tiger all the time."
2. What makes mom happy? "Something that’s really pretty."
3. What makes mom sad? "If there’s something like a monster." and Dad? "When rooms aren’t clean."
4. When does your mom laugh? "America’s funniest videos" and Dad? "When he says, 'this house has rats' when the house is messy."
5. What was your mom like as a child? "A little pretty toy, She looked like a baby."
6. How old is your mom? "seventy" and Dad? "Thirty-twelve."
7. How tall is your mom? "Taller than us."
8. What is her favorite thing to do? "Have fun with us" and Dad? "Be a tiger with us."
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? "She cleans I think." and Dad? "I think hes sad. You work on your computer and do stuff you need to do like send a blog to somebody."
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? "Because shes so pretty." and Dad? "Cause he would look like a race car guy- you would look really cool in that suit."
11. What is your mom really good at? "Taking care of us and making foods." and Dad? "You’re really good at being a tiger."
12. What is your mom not very good at? "Lighting fireworks." and Dad? "I’ve never seen you do something like that- like if you weren’t looking at what you were making you would mess up."
13. What does your mom do for her job? "She cleans rooms." and Dad? "He cleans rooms."
14. What is your mom's favorite food? "Salmon." and Dad? "Salmon." "My favorite food is space noodles and salmon, but I don't like spiders in a sandwich."
15. What makes you proud of your mom? When she makes something that I really like. Something cool for boys! and Dad? "When he lights fire works." and Mia? "When she smiles at me."
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? "A race car" and daddy? "Speedracer" and Mia? "A little transformer crystal."
17. What do you and your mom do together? "We make stuff for Ellie that she would like." and Dad? "We light fireworks, look at it and then run."
18. How are you and your mom the same? "If we were both a boy." and Dad? "if we were two girls."
19. How are you and your mom different? "One eyebrow" and Daddy? "Tall and short."
20. How do you know your mom loves you? "Because I look really cute." and Daddy? "Because I’m so cool."
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? "When he laughs and then you start laughing." and Daddy? "when shes funny."
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? "Having fun with her friends."
Interpretation: John bribes the kids with fireworks. They really really love fireworks and john has a stockpile in the garage. Yes, he is the annoying neighbor that is always lighting off fireworks at bed time. I've stopped reminding him that it's not exactly legal.
The kids adore their dad (see # 12) and one of their favorite things is being chased around that house. When it is time for bed the kids get their pj's on and brush their teeth then come down stairs with a huge grin on their face and say "surprise!" They follow this up with a, "can you be a tiger now?" The tiger never gets old. They LOVE it. He chases them around and makes this crazy scratching noise while he attacks them. They ask me to be the tiger, but I don't hold a flame to the daddy tiger.
I swear I have NEVER fed my child spider sandwiches! I do let them have snacks in Spiderman sandwich bags... correlation? Maybe.
I think he knew he was earning some major points with the "she's so pretty" business. Daddy is teaching him young!
Apparently we clean A LOT! John does occasionally say, "this house has rats." Sorry hun, we never get to leave this place and the kids are busy busy busy! The house is "clean" but the toys/ dress up clothes/ blankets can get out of hand. The kids also throw everything off of the shelves in their closets and play "castle." This is where the firework bribes come in so handy!
Space noodles are a family staple. You can buy them here. This is my aunts company, and she keeps us well stocked. Thanks Lan!
Lastly, I do in fact have two eye brows but certainly was not blessed with "good" eye brows. In fact, I have absolutely no shape to my eye brows! Oh well. I think at this point of the interview he was just throwing out answers, and was still loving the fact that he was pushing back his bedtime.
You've got to try this with your kids- it's hilarious! My friend Rebecca posted it on facebook and I got a good laugh. I think we will try and film Ellie's interview... stay tuned.