Mar 25, 2009

More Thank You's and Paul

Last weekend there was a benefit concert for Miss Mia. A friend of ours is the director of the college choir here locally. He also started a community choir that performed. Ken (the director) has been planning this concert for Miss Mia for some time now. Both he and his wife are very musically gifted. I can't think of a more musically talented couple. The concert was really fun with many of the songs being centered around entertaining the younger crowd. The kids enjoyed it and I am humbled yet again by how many people care about our little family and supporting Little MM.

There are so many people who have helped our family- THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I can't imagine ever surviving the past year without the love and support we have received. Now that Mia is on the mend and we need to do our part to spread that love to others who need it.

Paul Cardall is an amazing musician who is currently waiting for a heart transplant. I have gotten to know him briefly through emails. He grew up seeing the same nurses, doctors, and surgeons I did. He has been on the transplant list for 217 days. You need to read his blog- he is so inspiring! His piano playing speaks to the heart- he has been given one of God's great gifts.

There is a benefit concert to be held on April 6th at 7:30 pm for his family. If you live in Utah please consider going to this concert. With artists like these, it is sure to be a fabulous night. There is also going to be a sideshow of sweet Gracie Girl. For tickets and more info go HERE. You just have to go, I mean...Colors??... really? (Big sigh). Colors pretty much defines my college experience! I love all of these guys!! Paul maybe you can hook me up with some autographs ;-)


If you are unable to go to the concert I strongly encourage you to purchase one of Paul's CD's. You can also listen to some of his music on his blog! He is patiently waiting his gift of life... let us help him make the other stresses in life not so stressful! Thank you all!

2 comments:

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

i saw this benefit concert on gracie's blog and so wish I was going to be in ut to attend. i'm planning on emailing all my family there though. his music really is amazing. jd and i love his cd's! you are so sweet to think of others!

Maria said...

Mimi - you amaze me... Sooo, soo, so busy. But yet always watching out & concerned for others. You've always been that way. I'll never forget the homemade birthday cake you surprised me with, when I thought no one knew it was my day. It made me feel so special. You have a gift.

It's so fun to see Mia so happy & healthy. She's so cute. Jensen & Ellie are definitely the big brother & sister too. They really have a blast together... don't they.

You'll have to keep your eye on my new little Etsy shop just started & soon growing...
www.mylittlesister.etsy.com
Take care of that cute little fam. I can't wait till you start travlin down this way again & we can get together!