Mar 30, 2009

Talent Show- and a little Dancy dance


We had our ward talent show and Jensen played the piano. Two hands! He is such a big kid! I tried to get a picture of him after be played, but he passed on his bow and bolted back to his chair. I am one proud momma of skills. When I was his age I would have never played a piano solo in front of my ward. He about melted my heart when he asked me: "Mom, do you think I knocked her socks off?" He was referring to his piano teacher- to which I replied, "of course you did." Jense thrives on praise. If only my praise was good enough to get him to practice the songs he doesn't know by heart.

John and I also got to perform at the talent show. It was a practice run for a performance we were asked to do for a youth dance. We did a swing performance at a quad stake dance. It was a lot of fun and I wish that John and I could spend more time brushing up on our skills. If you're thinking that we are some kind of pro's... think again. The only reason we were asked is because we taught swing dancing for the Maple Valley stake a couple years ago. After our performance, we taught some basics to some of the couples. Spending an evening with the youth was quite refreshing. I never went to a church formal- I was shocked at the extent of the decorations/food/and themed details.

Did any one catch all the Lindy Hop on Dancing with the stars?? I am so thrilled they finally incorporated some LH. The Lindy hop is our specialty-again, we're not that good! :-) I haven't always been a fan of Dancing with the Stars because I got tired of the same ol ballroom. Ok, so I am watching it because the people from SYTYCD are cropping up in the show. My favorite star is Ty Murray. Could he possibly be any more endearing? Here is what he pulled off tonight....



He's Darling!!

16 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

LOVE DWTS and SYTYCD...

The lindy hop is one of my favorites! I'm trying to talk Kamryn into taking ballroom... how can you not love it?

I think it's awesome that your hubby will get out there and dance with you. Tell me you don't put on the "edita costumes" (from dwts)... she barely covers her tatas and booty. Guess with that body, I might do the same :).

I love that jensen can play the piano... with TWO hands!

Katie said...

I love Ty too!!! This is the first season I've really followed since a cowboy was going to be on it! He's SUPER famous in the rodeo world and did so much for the sport, he's so respected and loved...my brother even knows him! Wow, huh! Anyway, just had to share this since he's "my kind"!!!! I would love to watch you and John dance, how fun is that!?! Great job Jensen on your piece too :)

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

yay for jensen! that's so neat. he's such a little charmer! glad you guys had fun dancing. we definitely need to have some SYTYCD parties this summer.

i think it'd be fun to take a salsa class...you guys interested? i have no idea when but i'll keep ya posted.

Erin said...

I can't believe Jense can play with BOTH hands! That is awesome. You most definately SHOULD BE a proud mama! Good for him! I can't even find a piano teacher for my Ellie until she's about 6.

How fun that John will dance with you.. my husband and I had to learn a swing dance one time for a church talent show and it was SO fun! You should post the video of you guys dancing. I would love to see it!

Shelley Eggett said...

I want to see you guys dance :) How bout posting a little video of that :)

Shelley Eggett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley Eggett said...

Sorry that was me that deleted the comment. Way to go Jensen, I'm sure he knocked everyone's socks off ;)

Brittoni said...

So funny you say that about DWTS and SYTYCD. I feel the same way too. I have been into it this season all because of the Chelsie and lacey. Good Job Jensen on the piano playing!! I love reading about you and your hubby and the fun things that you guys do together.

*~Sarah~* said...

That is SO cute he can play the piano and WILL in front of people. I would love it if Zeke knew how..

Danielle said...

Ohhhhh, Jense looks so sweet in his suit!

Lyndsie said...

Mimi~ I found your blog off of Crisi Bastian's. Wow are you amazing all the things you have gone through!!! Your little Mia is so cute and from what you write seems like such a strong little girl. I would love to catch up with you more when you have time (looks like you are a crazy busy Mommy). E-mail me winkielyn@gmail.com

Lyndsie (Parry) Webster

Jamie said...

didn't mimi have cmv after transplant at some point?

LiNdS said...

Jd roots for Ty.... but I can't help but be a Gilles fan. Need I say more?

Mimi said...

Hey Jamie- I am totally laughing because so many people have called Mia- Mimi. I know, I know...it's practically my name! What were we thinking ;-)

No- Mimi didn't get CMV, but Mia was transplanted with a heart that was CMV positive.

Princess Pookie said...

Just "reading your blog". :)

Heather and Tim said...

Loved the clip! I'm so glad you and John agreed to dance for our stake formal--I'm sorry I couldn't be there to see it, but I've no doubt that you were a big hit with the kids! Who knows, maybe you'll inspire someone to take up dance in the future?!