Apr 7, 2009

O Mr Sun... won't you stay?


Yesterday was perfect. Really, Really perfect. The kids spent the majority of the day outside. I had been looking forward to a day like this for a LONG TIME!

In the morning Jensen asked me if we could do the slip 'n slide. Me, with my "not in this state" attitude told him that it was probably going to be too chilly to bring out the slip n' slide. He went about his merry way digging a hole in our grass. This doesn't bother us because our grass is littered with holes. We have a new member of our family... his name is Pesk E. Mole. As noon rolled around I decided to re-think my decision about the slip n' slide. After a brief search, and no slide to speak of, the kids settled for a sprinkler. They were of course ecstatic to be running through the sprinklers.

I was craving this day... drooling over it even. I spent the majority of the summer indoors last year, and feel like It has been raining/snowing ever since I came home. It is not summer yet, but it sure felt like it. It was HOT outside!

I also got a call that little Mees' white count bounced back up...Phew.

We enjoyed a long walk, with the kids peddling their bikes like they have never been on a bike before.

Ellie played with some lady bugs, while Jense manned the hose. Mia lounged in her swing with a sunhat, and I picked up pine cones and weeded with my mom.
*By no means do I equate perfection with picking up pine cones. I do have a weeding tool that transforms me into a weed-a-holic. I could weed for hours!

Yep... perfect day!

14 comments:

Shila said...

That picture of Jensen up in the air is going to be a classic to look back on. I am glad you had a good sunshiney day!

jayna said...

Really, the last picture is pricless..it just sums up childhood without any words!

Lauri said...

We enjoyed the sun too! My kids had the best time ever re-investigating the backyard and I started to get my yard back to "normal". The winter really did a number on it. It looks like it was a tease for now, but no fear, it will be back in a month or two!

Brimaca said...

Yay for you! That sounds fun! Your grass is so pretty. I hate grass here. :(

So I thought about you a lot on Mon. My little guy choked on a penny and ended up having a minor scope surgery to get it out. It was horrible to watch him get poked and prodded and I realized just slightly more how much you have to go through. You are one tough girl! And Mia is amazing.

Sarah said...

I love the picture of Jensen leaping! Summer is my favorite, I can not wait for it to warm up. Actually, maybe I can. It was 75 degrees here on monday and I was SO hot! I forgot how uncomfortable being humongous and pregnant in the heat can be... and it wasn't even hot! I love getting to send the kids outside, though! :)

Erin said...

Yay for warmer weather! I agree, that sounds like the PERFECT day! I can't believe it's warm enough to run through the sprinklers! I'm jealous!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had such a perfect day. You definitely deserve it and big whoo hoo for Mia's blood count being up and for your mom being in town (I'm assuming for spring break). Glad you and your fam had such a fun day and looking fwd to many more to come! No pics of Mia in her sunhat? save your pinecones and decorate this winter! ;)

babyjane said...

I am also wishing for the sun, and just FYI, I never wish for the sun! But the other day was so magnificent I am certainly in the mood, and a little jealous of your kids and the sprinklers!!

Carrie Hellewell said...

Who would have thought that it would be warm in Washington and FREEZING in Utah. For once be glad that you're not here. I'm so fed up with snow!

*JeSs* said...

Hi Mimi,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Its great to meet new friends and especially those who know what you're going through. I'm so happy that Mia is doing so well with her new heart. I pray that the feeding gets better every day. If you don't mind, I've added your blog onto my bloglist to keep updated on your precious little girl. She is now our inspiration as Isaac awaits his angel heart. Thanks again. jessicalopez@grandecom.net

Princess Pookie said...

Just browsing your blog again.;) It never ceases to amaze how we go from 75 degress one day and back to 50 the next??!!

Shelley Eggett said...

What a nice day!! We need a day like that here.

Yay for Mia, I'm so happy to hear the good news.

Photographer: Rebecca Pierce said...

Thank goodness on the Mia front. Whew!

I can't believe it was that nice! We totally missed it for a snow downpour in UT! I died when I got back and heard how nice it was...but that it was nice enough for your kids to run in the water, AMAZING. I was just telling Chris the other day that the next time the kids ask if they can play in the pool outside, I'm going to say yes and fill it up, because they think I'm crazy when I tell them that the sixty degree weather isn't going to cut it.

Sabrina said...

such a great shot! and I can't even tell you how envious I am of your hot weather...today in NH? oh, about 40 degrees and raining.

so 'Miss Mees' white count is OK?!! so, all that was needed was an alteration of the meds? I have been praying that would be the case...!

what an adorable doll she is:)