Apr 21, 2009

Rollin Rollin Rollin




Maybe it was the slight incline of our front yard, or maybe NOT! Mia rolled over, unassisted three times. It just so happens that she did it when we were having a little photo shoot. I yelled for daddy to come out and Mia performed for him too. I thought it would be awhile still because she never gets put on the floor. It seems like she is doing something fun and new every day.

A few weeks ago she learned her first word- "Mom." Now she is a little broken record. At least she can mix it up with a few variations. My favorite is the "Mum Mum Mum" sequence. Ellie's favorite is when she says, "momma." Daddy enjoys her speaking as well. Mia usually cries for "mom, mom, mom" when she is in distress- meaning Ellie is smothering her. However, when she is all the way upstairs in her crib and it's daddy's turn to give her the binki he likes to pull the, "but she's asking for you" garbage. He likes to ask Mia questions knowing the answer will be "moma", and a little to entertain the other kids too. "Who do you want to change your diaper?" "Who's gonna give daddy a back rub?" "Who loves daddy the most?" I of course don't let him get away with not changing her, but I get a good laugh with some of the stuff he comes up with.

She has been eating like a champ... well not throwing anything up as I increase her rate and volume. I have a suspicion that she may, just may make the growth chart this week. I could be wrong, but she is feeling quite a bit heavier than her last 14lb weigh in. I am still shooting for her to be tubeless by her 1st b-day.


post roll shot. TA - DA!!

13 comments:

I heart Max! said...

She really is pretty much the cutest creature on earth! I love that little face so so so much!

Anna said...

Awww! Those are really cute pictures.

♥..Kim said...

she is so cute! I am happy that she has found a new skill! Yay for Mimi! :)

Brimaca said...

She looks so good and healthy and strong! Yay Mia!

Riley Family said...

Yeah! How fabulous for Mia to start talking and rolling over! She is such a beautiful little miracle! I love catching up on her. I'm so glad you are all happy and doing great!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful! Just wonderful!

About us... said...

What a little MIRACLE!

Shelley Eggett said...

How exciting - She's moving right along. Such a doll!

Braeden, Morgan & Danica's Mom said...

Oh how I remember the tube rolling days! Off my Morgan would start rolling and next thing I know tube around the neck! I am so happy she is doing so great!

Shila said...

Whoo Hoo! I am so excited for you baby Mia! Good job. She looks so good and chubby! She probably weighs as much as Asher now. He just went in for his well child and is 19 and a half pounds! Skinny little guy!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

oh such wonderful pictures and news. I'm sure her saying mamma just melts your heart! glad you don't let John sneak by though! I wouldn't either! :)

Beth said...

Yah!! She is too cute. Rolling, getting pudgy and talking. I have to say I love your pictures Mimi.

Crystal said...

She looks so much like john I think. I can really see it in the second picture. I am glad she is doing so well. Hope all is going well.